Skip to content

leaving npc in the in-between maps

Those random encounter maps where you get attacked while travelling from one map to the other. What if you leave an npc, like Imoen, in one? Is she gone forever? What about that map where you can recruit Dorn for the first time? If you kick someone out to make room for him then is that npc lost forever?

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    edited August 2016
    I've never done this but I *think* it's possible to run into the same encounter 'area' by chance, and the lost NPC will probably still be there.
  • BubblesBubbles Member Posts: 589
    @darksaurian
    If I am not wrong, you can use the console to warp to those maps (provided you know the map ID).
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    Artemius is right. As long as you don't rest, you can just keep travelling between the two locations until the waylaid happens again. It shouldn't be "refreshed".
  • darksauriandarksaurian Member Posts: 42
    As long as I don't rest? So if I kick Imoen out to make room for Dorn and continue my adventure and rest a few times then Imoen is gone until she reappears in Seige of Dragonspear?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I don't think the Dorn encounter map ever appears again. I lost Minsc permanently once that way.
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    The Dorn encounter map is particularly tricky in that way. Note however that BGEE NPCs always return to a specific location (Nashkel for Rasaad, Friendly Arm Inn for Dorn and Neera, outside the Friendly Arm walls for Baeloth), so if you NEED to kick someone out, it better be one of the BGEE NPCs.

Several mods add a "Send to Inn" feature to the original NPCs.
  • darksauriandarksaurian Member Posts: 42
    edited September 2016
    What if you left all those Sarevok documents in one of those in between maps? I guess you could make the game unbeatable. I remember back in '99 I spent like a week trying to beat that ducal palace scene and I kept getting fried by the wand of the heavens spell, I never figured out it was impossible to beat because I lost the documents. Not until I replayed like two years later and actually read the stuff I found. Too bad they don't make games like that anymore. That **** made me a better man.

edited my language
    Post edited by darksaurian on