Skip to content

Take away XP?

chimericchimeric Member Posts: 1,163
Possible?

Comments

• AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    Certainly. What comes to mind is removing creatures XP rewards and modifying scripts for quest rewards. That shouldn't be so hard with WeiDU.
  • Mr2150Mr2150 Member Posts: 1,170
    edited August 2016
    I have a mod I got from somewhere here that alters XP for the following user choices:

Creature XP reduction:
    200%, 150%, 75%, 50%, 25%, 1/6, 10%

Locks/Traps/Spells reduction:

No XP for learning spells:
    Yes/No

Quest XP reduction:

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • chimericchimeric Member Posts: 1,163
    edited September 2016
    Through effects.

I'll explain: a spell, it turns out, can be learned an infinite number of times, it just doesn't happen in the regular game. The XP for spells is miserable, but I should still like to prevent this homuncuous abuse.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    I don't think you have to remove it - just not use it.
    If someone went through the game with a fine tooth comb removing everything that they regarded as an 'exploit' then I think a lot of people would be a tad peed off. The problem is where do you stop? And while you're at it why not remove OP weapons - and as for the TMoLTM, well that's just got to go!
    I have no idea what TMoLTM is, but it obviously has to go.

You're right, I'm not going to bother with the spell-learning XP thing. I'll just warn people that it happens.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    The Machine of Lum The Mad, which you can come across in late SoA (or early ToB), can be exploited to give you endless XP for a character of your choice (in lumps of 100k at a time iirc).
  • AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
    I'm nearly positive that there are already mods that heavily reduce XP from kills, quests, scroll learning, and traps. Might be Tweaks but I haven't actually played the game in a while so don't quote me on that.
    I mean actually decreasing a character's XP total, not lessening the rewards. By the way, is it possible to measure a creature's XP worth somehow, weighing it up? Through scripts, possibly?
  • AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
    Are both the Opcode (104) and the Script Action (259 for targeted) insufficient for your purposes?
    Yes, thank you. I didn't think the 104 could take away XP too. It's too bad that a temporary level-up is impossible.