Skip to content

Resolution in old BG Tutu

LuneverLunever Member Posts: 307
edited September 2016 in General Modding
Hi!
Got a new machine (Microsoft Surface Book), and of course I installed BG EE once more, its working fine.
But also, I moved my good ol' nostalgia BG Tutu over, since in EE I miss all those smart PC AI script additions and all those nasty NPC and monster modifications an AI improvements from SCS I+II along with several flexibel character building customization (weapon group proficiencies, getting NPCs always at Level 1 but with XP so you can custom level them up).
So while this might not be exactly an EE question - I don't know how to make Tutu take advantage of my 3000 x 2000 display. I can use 800 x 600 full screen, resulting in a cute tiny nigh unusable game screen in the middle of the display, or 1024 x 768 windowed. Unsupported 1024 x 768 or higher in full screen always results in having only the upper left corner of the game screen displayed (centered in the display, with large black bars on all sides).
Does anyone know, how to mod the smarter display handling of EE into the original engine?

Comments

• AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    Isn't Widescreen what you're looking for?
  • GodGod Member Posts: 1,150
    I've always been more of a BGT user myself, leaving the tutu to ballet dancers, but these are the droids roids mods you are looking for: Widescreen Mod
  • LuneverLunever Member Posts: 307
    edited September 2016
    No, I already had tried widescreen. If I set widescreen to 3000 x 2000, all I get is having the upper left corner of the game in the right bottom corner of the screen.

If I connect my surface book to a TV (1920 x 1080 max, via dock-mDP-HDMI), I can run the game at 1024 x 768 full screen).

If I try the same with just the laptop not connected to dock/TV, it automativally flips to tiny 800 x 600 full screen with broad black bars on all sides und just displaying the upper left quarter of the game screen.

When I Alt+Tab to a different task, for a short instant I see the image stretched properly to the full screen.
    So for some reason it seems that the 3000x2000 detachable is considered by the game to be a smaller display.
    Post edited by Lunever on