Skip to content

quick death

Why does Dorn always say, "This will not be a quick death," right before he kills someone very quickly? It's happened so many times before I can even count to one. "This will not be a quick death." Chunky death. "This will not not be a quick death." Biff! Explode! "This will not be a quick death." Bam! Ahh! Death. Does he know what "quick" means? Does it mean slow in orcish or something? He has 10 int. Is he just an idiot or something?

Comments

• ConjurerDragonConjurerDragon Member Posts: 110

Why does Dorn always say, "This will not be a quick death," right before he kills someone very quickly? It's happened so many times before I can even count to one. "This will not be a quick death." Chunky death. "This will not not be a quick death." Biff! Explode! "This will not be a quick death." Bam! Ahh! Death. Does he know what "quick" means? Does it mean slow in orcish or something? He has 10 int. Is he just an idiot or something?

Perhaps he implies that sending the victims soul to his demon master will take a long time of getting used to and that it will suffer an eternity of hellish tortures before it may even consider true death?
  • darksauriandarksaurian Member Posts: 42
    edited September 2016
    Oh that's right, the blackguard thing or whatever. That must be it, he's sending them to a demon master. I never learned what a blackguard was. Whenever he tried to tell me his life story I always told him to **** off.
    Post edited by darksaurian on
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    I think that's just an expression that means "I'm going to make this as painful as possible."
  • Mr2150Mr2150 Member Posts: 1,170
    Just because they are 'dead' for the purposes of the game, doesn't mean they aren't laying on the ground with one arm hanging off, whilst trying to hold themselves together with the other hand...
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    That's just Dorn's strength at work :)
  • Dorn's a fan of irony.
  • darksauriandarksaurian Member Posts: 42
    I don't know. Can you purposely create irony? I thought it had to happen on accident. Plus, does it count if you just say it? I mean if he intended to kill them slowly and accidentally killed them quickly then they would be quickly killed by the very person who intended to make their death slow. How ironic. But he's clearly just saying it. He had every intention of quickly and efficiently murdering everyone with a red circle.
  • alceryesalceryes Member Posts: 380
    edited September 2016

I don't know. Can you purposely create irony?

Sure.
    It's like ten thousand spoons when all you need is a two-handed-sword-wielding-half-orc-blackguard!
    Post edited by alceryes on