Skip to content

Dueling Shapeshifter -> Fighter

FigrutFigrut Member Posts: 109
edited November 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
For anybody else who has ever done this, would you recommend flipping at level 13, 14, or 15? Go right at greater form, get the 7th level slot at 14, or get the big spell reward+ HLA's for what is comparitively a small increment for fighter levels to over take by going to 15? Does holding out for 15 put you too late in the game to have much fun with it? That is 1,500,000 + a fighter level's exp worth of content more to wait if I remember right. Any need to go 16 druid for my greater elemental (a tiny extra step)?

I think this is one of the more interesting multiclass decisions to make in the game (for CHARNAME anyway).

Also, does anybody know the EE level cap? If it is TotSC levels (161K), or more? I have different specific questions I will edit in if anybody knows. This is a very micromanaged duel class to roll up, and less fool proof than many. Thanks forum peoples!
Post edited by Figrut on

Comments

• AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    I'm not much for druids so I won't opine on the general topic but for dual class purposes you only get the HLA of your active class on level up. Multi-class characters get to share tables for HLA.
  • LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
    wait, you can dual class kits?
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    You can generally dual from a kit but not into one.
  • cyberhawkcyberhawk Member Posts: 350
    I think he is dual classing from a kit to a normal fighter. Sounds intersting, a fighter who can shapeshift into a potent beast without loosing reputation over it.

I don't know the level cap of BG:EE, but it is very likely higher than TotSC. EE has all the content from that and additional quests for each new character as well as the Black Pits. The cap has to be higher, so everyone can advance at least one more level, or else you'll be fighting through all the new content without gaining anything new save for items. I'm guessing the cap will be at ~300K.
  • chickenhedchickenhed Member Posts: 208
    I posted this on gamebanshee in 2008. It may be handy to read through. http://www.gamebanshee.com/forums/threads/shapeshifter-fighter.102438/
  • FigrutFigrut Member Posts: 109
    I am fully aware of all the advantages. I am trying to decide best level to flip over at, and when do people tend to hit those exp marks. The question is which level is just right and won't be too far into the game (big deal with druids massive "jump"). The dispelling your paw away trick is getting fixed. Still a fun build that nobody seems to care about.
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    15 shapeshifter dualed to a fighter sounds awesome, but would take ages to do.
  • FigrutFigrut Member Posts: 109
    @Mungri where do you figure most people hit the 3 million and 4 million exp marks and at what group size?
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    No idea, but Jaheira would have never reached level 15 druid in SOA (she needs 6 million XP). Level 15 druid / 16 fighter needs 5 million XP, were talking about being halfway through TOB for that to work. Druid primaries aren't really worth dual classing, and the werewolf isn't much stronger than Jaheira in greater elemental forms.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2012
    Figrut said:

@Mungri where do you figure most people hit the 3 million and 4 million exp marks and at what group size?

With 6 party members I'm guessing that your character is probably are going to be around 3.3 million by the end of soa, if you have not done watcher's keep. But that is just a guess. I think during the underdark you can get to 3 million (with 6 party members).

Edit: This is assuming you've done all the available side quests before going to the asylum.