Skip to content

Why does everyone use passwords for online! (IWDEE)

spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
edited September 2016 in Multiplayer
You kbow what is a modern day marvel? Being able to boot up a game and find people of all walks of life to play with, even if you dont have the time or companions who are interested.

I aas so excited about the online announcements for the EE games because when I was young the original games were a bit of a headache to setup and now my friends have all moved on.

Now I'm excited to be able to jump into online games with the easy to use UI for finding games but lo and behold they are all password protected! My attempts to make an not protected game and have people join me are fruitless.

I also work odd hours and cant really commit to a regular playthrough but would love the opertunity to jump into someone elses game and help them along a bit.

So what gives?
Post edited by JuliusBorisov on

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    im going to assume that 99.99% of people don't like having randoms drop into their game,

that's probably because the group of people that are playing with each other probably have the same mind set when going in, and they all know one another,

also IWD is not an online RPG like WoW, where I assume in WoW total randoms get together and kick butt, but in IWD, its a little bit more different than that
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    There are also trolls that might log just to ruin your game and then leave.
    Or it might be a roleplaying run and the other person jumps with a 3 INT/WIS/CHA character and kills everything.

For a roleplaying experience, in the Baldur's Gate setting and locations, I would recommend Neverwinter Nights 2.

There's a server called Baldur's Gate: The Sword Coast Chronicles which is set before the Time of Troubles, when Bhaal and Myrkul were still around.

The rules are 3.5E with lots of custom stuff (such as teleporting spells), with an Underdark city as well and it's usually the most popular server around, always with someone to RP and play with.

It's also a roleplaying server. You're expected to stay in character most of the time.
  • spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    Its a damn shame though I'd love to have randoms drop into my game and just tag along for awhile and help out.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    spacejaws said:

Its a damn shame though I'd love to have randoms drop into my game and just tag along for awhile and help out.

do you have to make a password for your game? what if you just leave the password space blank?

• spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    sarevok57 said:

spacejaws said:

do you have to make a password for your game? what if you just leave the password space blank?

You can create a passwordless room but then no one joins you :/

• Ragdoll83Ragdoll83 Member Posts: 34
    I'm having a horrible time trying to find ppl to play with, the forums seem dead when you make a post and as you say all games are passworded. Really sucks would like to play this game with a party of real ppl again.