Skip to content

Need Help - Can't Steal From Stores

Hello :)

So, I've just recruited Jan and would start to steal all the nice scrolls from everywhere but no merchant give me the option for stealing.

I started the conversation and all I can do is Buy and Identify.

Tried this in Spell Store, Copper Coronet (both Bernard and Joluv), Adventurer Mart (all three merchants inside), the Black Market Thief, Trademeet. None gave me the option for Stealing.

I've tried putting Jan as party leader, lowering my reputation (from 20 to 10), buffing my Pick Pocket to 250 and nothing.

My mods are: BGPaint (portrait pack), QuestPack, Area Restorations, More Style For Mages, Tweaks Anthology, Unnoficial Item Pack, A7 Golem Construction.

Thank you!

Comments

• gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    Is not possible to steal from every store, in some of them, like Adventurer Mart, the steal option does not show, in an other one (Copper Coronet's regular shopkeeper) a very high pick pocket skill is needed.
    But in many shops is possible to steal. At least with Bernard and the Trademeet's merchants the button should have shown.

The reputation affects the prices but afaik not the stealing. And the pick pocket value affects the check, but a low value should not prevent you to try, the button should be always present when a thief is selected.
    If is possible to steal from a certain shop the option should be present as you switch to your thief's inventory, if he is not wearing something that prevents him from stealing.

I suggest you to go to a generic merchant, like Myra in the promenade, and try.
    You talk to her choosing to see her shop, then switch to Jan and select an item from her inventory. The option for stealing it should be present. You can select only 1 item, so is not possible to steal 3 swords at the same time, but if the stealing is successful you can select an other item and try to steal it (the reason is that this way a check is done for each item).
    If this does not work then you have some bug in your game.

There are also ways to have the items from the merchants impossible to steal from almost for free, and they usually have the best items. But this is a more advanced use of a thief.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited September 2016
    Can you post a screenshot of say Bernard's store? The layout should look like this.

Its handled a bit differently now than it used to be (you no longer need to go into another tab to steal). So that may be why you aren't seeing it?
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @elminster

Bull's eye! I've being betrayed by the new UI.

Thank you very much guys and sorry for the false alarm.
  • NightmareWraithNightmareWraith Member Posts: 77
    edited October 2016
    Sorry for necro but I have 120 in pickpockets but I can't steal from any store, I select 1 item and the "steal" option remains greyed out even when I drink a potion of mastery thievery.
    I have tried every single shop in the pomenade and it's all the same

Restarting the game seems to have fixed it
    Post edited by NightmareWraith on