Skip to content

What condition are you in when you are beaten to ground by stun?

seraglioseraglio Member Posts: 122
So I'm trying to recreate my favorite weapon for a rogue, a "sap" that beats its target senseless so you can take their stuff without as much hassle and rep loss. I know I know OP OP, not looking for opinions as to whether its a good idea. I'm an Rp guy not a rules lawyer, just want to create fun stuff with NI.

So I decided to give Yoshimo a new weapon:

Yagumi's Cherry Wood Practice Boken - a "gift" Yoshimo liberated from his former masters,
who never used the poor thing except on Yoshimo's fragile bones, and kept it in a not very well locked chest. Yoshimo is sure his sparring partner intended it to be a parting gift, although the poison gas trap was a very bad practical joke, Yagumi never had much sense of humor. A boken is a wooden katana, meant for practice, and apparently punishing poor students. However Yoshimo is a wiser student than his masters thought, he learned much of its use while enduring many beatings by it. In his hands, it is more dangerous that it should be.

The base weapon is a non-magical katana that does zip damage. It has two melee modes. The first has a damage effect that deals 1d10+3 STUN damage. It has some other effects, a chance to make target drop weapon (disarm). Since I cant disarm or drops quick slots, I'm using opcode181 disallow item type on wands/potions/scrolls. Quite fun.

The second melee mode is a normal katana except doing blunt damage and can cast enchant item to make it magical if necessary.

I'm trying to add a cast spell on hit effect that turns the target neutral (and thus pick pocketable) after they fall down. I thought "helpless" would do it, but thats either not the state that they're in, or im doing something else wrong. A charm effect triggers on helpless. it gets cast, but they stay red and down on floor. Unlike some other games, I can get into inventory of an unconscious opponent (that im aware of)

Comments

• YamchaYamcha Member Posts: 486
    edited September 2016
    The sap is already part of Rogue Rebalancing.
    http://www.shsforums.net/files/category/62-rogue-rebalancing/
  • seraglioseraglio Member Posts: 122
    Are you the creator? I looked in the Item folder after extracting it and couldn't figure out which item might be the sap. I don't want to install any new mods, just learn how its done.
    I found it. I noticed its a fist item. Didn't see any missing .bcs , .eff or .spl attached to it. How does it work?
  • YamchaYamcha Member Posts: 486
    edited September 2016
    Im not the creator. But they work similar to your fists, which also do non lethal damage.

Without checking I would assume there is a flag for it ?
    I don't see any flags having to do with hostility. I don't think this is a built in game function there would be a flag for.

SInce you have the mod, when you mug someone in an ally, some rich looking merchant, and they go down, is there still a red circle around them? Cuz if there is , you can't pick pocket them. I need the circle to go blue or green after they lose consciousness. Thats the end goal.