Skip to content

how does that EET tweaks component protagonist can die work?

I checked the read me, and I understand a bit about global variables, but the thing about this one is there are many, many mods on my game that probably existed 10 years before EET was a thing. My question is this: how can I be 100% certain that my protagonist dying is not going to mess around with other global variables, and wreck something in the game somehow?

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    You probably can't be 100% certain. The game (and many mods) assume that the protagonist is always alive. You might miss some events if the protagonist died. In the worst case the game may lock indefinitely if a cutscene or special event requires to do some actions with the protagonist. (And since there is currently a bug that prevents you to quit the game while in cutscene mode you are forced to kill the game manually in the task manager.)

This feature is more useful for the Black Pits campaigns and IWDEE which have been designed from the start that the protagonist may die.
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    EET tweaks hasn't been updated for a while and it's a beta component so you can't be 100% certain, you can use it and report any related bug you encounter though it'll probably be troublesome since you don't necessarily notice immediately when global variables are bugged.