Skip to content

SOD to BG2EE Import Save Problem

DarkenRevanDarkenRevan Member Posts: 11
I'm having issues importing my final save from SOD into BG2EE. My final save in SOD is before the final boss fight. I imported that. My portrait, proficiency points, and ability points are all correct.

The problem is that I'm level 9 for some reason (Minsc is level 8, Imoen is level 10 mage/7 thief, Jaheria is level 10 druid/8 fighter) and the voice for my character isn't correct. He keeps saying something like "I'm invincible I say" and "Dennis Mother's Gong." I think that's from a character later in the game you have to do a quest for. It's annoying. He's supposed to have one of the normal voice options..."Whatever you say, boss!" It's annoying with the levels since you spend a lot of time in SOD leveling up more. My reputation restarted as well and is at 12 which is understandable since you're in Amn.

I don't know where my items are located but they aren't in the close north room with the flesh golem where you start. They aren't in the circular room either with other flesh golem. Where will they be at? I don't want to go further in the dungeon and realize I have to start over because the save didn't import correctly (well it partially hasn't already). I also have an ongoing romance with Neera so I don't know if that'll get ruined.
Post edited by DarkenRevan on

Comments

• DarkenRevanDarkenRevan Member Posts: 11
    edited September 2016
    Alright so I figured out the sounds from BGEE and SOD don't transfer for to BG2 yet and I can fix it using customization in the menu and pick a new voice.

Also I guess items on your person at the end of SOD are scattered throughout the game world instead of all being in one place in Irenicus' dungeon?

The level thing makes sense now. Without getting back onto SOD, I forgot my level but I thought it was higher then 9. I was level 9 though. I was confused because I remember Neera and Dynaheir already being at level 10 and 11 respectively. The levels for everybody else is correct.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    It seems you have answered most of your questions by yourself.

Soundset incompatability is a known issue between bg1:ee and bg2:ee. You simply need to asign a bg2:ee soundset to your character upon importing.

Levels can vary greatly depending on the character class. Some classes level fast (like thieves and bards, and at early to mid levels, druids as well) while some take longer (paladins/rangers and mages) So given an exact amount of xp, every class will hit different levels.

I am not sure how many items are imported to bg2 and scattered throughout the game. IIRC, you can loot one spesific item from the Genie in Air Elemental Area. However I don't know much about v2.0+
  • DarkenRevanDarkenRevan Member Posts: 11
    edited September 2016
    lunar said:

It seems you have answered most of your questions by yourself.

Soundset incompatability is a known issue between bg1:ee and bg2:ee. You simply need to asign a bg2:ee soundset to your character upon importing.

Levels can vary greatly depending on the character class. Some classes level fast (like thieves and bards, and at early to mid levels, druids as well) while some take longer (paladins/rangers and mages) So given an exact amount of xp, every class will hit different levels.

I am not sure how many items are imported to bg2 and scattered throughout the game. IIRC, you can loot one spesific item from the Genie in Air Elemental Area. However I don't know much about v2.0+

I think most of the items (if not all) your companions (not just ones in the party during the final save) were carrying are scattered around the whole game world. I already found the Helm of Balduran and Varscona in Irenicus's dungeon which were items me and companions were carrying. I don't know yet if companions that weren't captured, such as Neera, will keep their end game items from SOD.
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    The helm of Balduran has ever been there, in original as in EE, no matter if you start in BG1 or directly in SoA.
    Varascona in SoA afaik is an EE thing, and happens only if you start in the previous game, Beginning EE SoA without importing from BG1 or SoD it was not there.