Skip to content

What City/Area Would You Like the Next Forgotten Realms Game Set In?

HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
Whether its called Baldur's Gate 3, or what have you, I'm just curious what the Forgotten Realmers out there think. I heard that BG3: The Black Hound was originally going to be set in the Dalelands before it was scrapped awhile back, which is interesting. Then I heard that Trent Oster had mentioned Waterdeep or Thay as possibilities for the new BG3 if it happens (tho I'm not sure how Thay would work for good parties).

I personally would like to see Waterdeep/Daggerford or maybe the Silver Marches region. Cormyr wouldn't be bad either.

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    I wouldn't mind continuing down south to see Calimshan, maybe with a ship-journey to Chult added in somewhere along the way.
  • salierisalieri Member Posts: 245
    Thay: YAY!
  • TristTrist Member Posts: 16
    Phlan -> Underdark -> Outlands -> Sigil -> Outer Planes -> Baldur's Gate

Baldur's Pool of Tormented Nights?
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Halruaa orperhaps somewhere near Zhentil Keep
  • recklessheartrecklessheart Member Posts: 692
    I don't like the idea of setting it in Waterdeep. Waterdeep is too grand to be done justice to. Leave it to the imaginations of every P&P group to visualise the City of Splendours, I say :)

Journeying off the Sword Coast would be nice, though. Cormyr seems a possiblity - or the Dalelands? :)
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345

I think it would be quite nice to actually go back to Baldur's gate. One of the things I liked about IWD2 was seeing the same places in IWD1, moved on 30 years. I think I'd enjoy going back to old, familiar places and rediscovering how they've changed and how they've stayed the same. Especially if we are somehow keeping the same PC (though how/if that works is a whole other discussion), revisiting our humble roots in Candlekeep would be interesting, though the place has likely changed somewhat since the events of BG1!

Agreed, if you get to keep playing the same character, it would definitely be nice to see some locations from the first two games, however briefly.
  • LifatLifat Member Posts: 353
    I agree that a visit to Baldur's Gate would be nice but I'd also like to see either Thay or Calimshan.
  • jankieljankiel Member Posts: 127
    Westgate - the the oldest, richest and most corrupt port in the Sea of Fallen Stars. My sort of place.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Kara-Tur
  • ForseForse Member Posts: 106
    Calimshan, Dalelands or maybe Westgate. Preferrably Calimshan.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I just want it to avoid the planes. Seems almost cliché to me.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    We should definitely turn this topic into a poll
  • JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
    I'm none too well versed in the Forgotten Realms setting (although I have read almost all the Drizzt books and I really don't know how, terrible ... just terrible), but I'd love to visit various cities and towns and places of interest, even if those visits were momentary and linear. I loved what BG2 attempted, made the world feel a little grander and helped realise how epic your journey really was.
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    Bg3 should settle into one region, with expansions and DLC allowing access to other regions, but not something short like adding an extra dungeon such as Watcher's Keep.
  • XzarXzar Member Posts: 215
    Thay, definitely.
  • BrudeBrude Member Posts: 560

I don't like the idea of setting it in Waterdeep. Waterdeep is too grand to be done justice to. Leave it to the imaginations of every P&P group to visualise the City of Splendours, I say :)

Damn, you make a good point but I'd love a DnD cRPG game set there, or nearby. Mostly because of those old Eye of the Beholder games from back in the 1990s.
  • KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    edited November 2012
    Icewind Dale :) (incl. all Ten Towns) !!!
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    Brude said:

Damn, you make a good point but I'd love a DnD cRPG game set there, or nearby. Mostly because of those old Eye of the Beholder games from back in the 1990s.
    Nearby might be Daggerford... but if they put it THAT close to Waterdeep, ppl might feel a bit let down that they don't get to visit the legendary city.
  • XaenorXaenor Member Posts: 34
    As for me, I always wanted to travel to the areas between Icewind Dale and Waterdeep, just to the east of Neverwinter. Say "Hello!" to Harpells in Longsaddle, explore the High Forest, visit Silvery Moon... Maybe even go as far as Anauroch Desert, which I deeply admire. That'd be a grand adventure.