Skip to content

[New Mod] Relieving the Wizard Slayer

RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
Hello :)

So I'll try to do my very first mod and my target is the Wizard Slayer. I'll loose some of the item restriction with the following criteria:

1) If it's chemical instead of magical, can be used (like Potion of Explosion and Oil of Fiery Burning)

2) if it's magical we'll see if it reproduces a arcane or divine magic.

2.a) if arcane magic, it's forbidden (except for helms, weapons and armors)

2.b) if divine magic, it's ok.

So Potion of Clarity (Chaotic Commands) or Freedom could be used, but a Oil of Speed (Haste) is forbidden.

Any and all item that conceives Magic Resistance will be allowed.

I need help from the community for the following:

1) Help me build the list of "CAN/CAN NOT"

2) Check for incompatibility with other mods. I know, for example, that this one will need to be installed after Wizard Slayer Rebalancing (because Potion of Magic Blocking - as it simulates a Minor Globe of Invulnerability - will be forbidden).

3) Somebody to teach me how to mess with mods. The only way I know to change things is manually putting them in the override folder (and I'll need to change a lot of things to insert the usability flag for the WS). A proper installer would be good.

Thank you!

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    unfortunately I don't know how to make a proper installer for something like this, but I know this could be down with the near infinity engine editor ( that is the one that I am familiar with)

so if you are using NI and wanted your wizard slayer to use specific items, you would have to go into the .itm folder and search for every single item that you want your wizard slayer to be able to use and make it so its usable by a wizard slayer

in theory that could take forever ( if you want to make piles and piles of items usable by the wizard slayer for example)

but as far as I know, that would be the simplest way if I were to do something like that
This discussion has been closed.