Skip to content

Majority of Sales --- iPad?

2»

Comments

• reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    The portability is huge. I think the IOS version is going to be a huge win and open the game to a new community. The DIE HARDS are PC users, and I think that group describes most of the the lurkers in these forums. The market growth, however, will be IOS. I also believe that the majority of sales will be for the IPAD. Time will tell, as always.
  • TomeTome Member Posts: 466
    A lot of newbies will likely buy it on iPad. I myself am new to the series (been hearing about it for years, but I hated PS:T's combat so much I avoided IE games after that) but I postponed buying the original when I heard about the Enhanced Edition-I persuaded my nephew to do the same and the only reason he consented was because he wanted a good RPG for his iPad.

PS: Please forgive me for my blasphemous views on PS:T I loved the storyline, but the game just wasn't for me! :P (also I prefer my protagonists to have shirts. :P)
  • TurinTurin Member Posts: 42

The one thing that worries me about the iPad is the $10 initial price tag. I feel it might put off people who are used to playing cheaper games. I mean, I think it's an amazing price tag for *Baldur's Gate*, but for those who don't know the scope and depth of the game it might seem too high. I just hope there's a good marketting campaign to let iPad and Android users know what type of game it really is and that $10 is more than worth it.

I think part of the responsibility falls to those of us long-time fans who plan to buy the game on iPad: we should be the ones giving it good ratings and reviews and such. Make sure people know it's worth the $10 (and in fact much more, as far as I'm concerned). So I encourage everyone planning to play it on iPad to rate and review!
  • TreyolenTreyolen Member Posts: 235
    The price tag isn't really all that high. SquareEnix has a few titles in this range. Lunar Silver Star Story just launched close to this price. MtG is in the neighborhood. Playdeck has a couple of games that hit that price pretty quick with the much needed add ons. Infinity Blade was mentioned. Those are just off the top of my head. And this game will almost certainly be on sale as was also mentioned earlier.

This game isn't an Angry Birds competitor so it isn't priced like Angry Birds. I think the game will do very well on iOS and justify plenty of DLC for all platforms.