Skip to content

Racial restriction to weapons?

So...

Created a Dwarven defender and wanted him to use a Mace.

Didn't seem possible to put more than 2 pips in Mace though. For Warhammer it was fine with 4 pips.

I didn't know this, but it seems as though there are racial restrictions to certain weapons, not only class restrictions.

Is there a list somewhere?

/A.

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    It's a class restriction. Dwarven Defenders can only get high mastery in axes and hammers and specialization in all other weapons. Racial restrictions don't exist, but racial bonuses do.
  • yksimaltyksimalt Member Posts: 115
    Clear answer. Thank you.

Any idea why devs have felt a Dwarven Defender with a Mace shouldn't be able to reach High Mastery for that weapon?

/A.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Gameplay reasons? The dwarven defender needed a meaningful weakness. Lore reasons? Who knows. It's probably because axes and hammers are 'stereotypical' dwarf weapons whereas the mace isn't so much.
  • yksimaltyksimalt Member Posts: 115
    Dunno.

Mace stereotypically could be considered a Clerics weapon I presume.

/A.
  • PK2748PK2748 Member Posts: 381
    Actually Halflings and Gnomes should be restricted by weapon and shield sizes but apparently that was too much work
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    PK2748 said:

Actually Halflings and Gnomes should be restricted by weapon and shield sizes but apparently that was too much work

I'll admit it's pretty funny to see such large shields on my Cleric/Illusionists. Shouldn't you get full cover from something that size?
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    well the thing to remember as well is that this game was created back in 1998, so some things could have been very difficult to implement, hence the reason why everything is exactly up to canon as pnp