Skip to content

Polymorph Self in BGEE: bug or not?

BorcoBorco Member Posts: 325
edited September 2016 in Troubleshooting
Hi everyone,

I've been playing around with the Polymorph Self in my BGEE install (current version 2.3.67.3) and I was very pleased to see that most of the bugs regarding the spell's effects had been fixed (e.g. THAC0 in flind form, spider's immunity to web effects).

However, I also found out that switching from one special form to another (without making a transition via the human form) results in loss of all effects of the equipped items as if they were unequipped. This even includes cursed items (the Claw). I attach few screens to demonstrate the issue.

The spell is ready. You can see the effect icons for Magic Resistance (Robe of Archmagi) and Fire Resistance (Ring of Fire Resistance 50%).

I change into flind form. So far so good, the effects are still in place.

From the flind form, I switch directly to the spider and, voila, the icons (as well as the effects) are gone.

Once I go to the inventory, everything seems to be "equipped" but behaves as it was not.

This bugs me, as switching between human form and special forms works just fine.

Has anyone else experienced this behavior?

Many thanks for your feedback.

B.
14.jpg 229.9K
15.jpg 237.7K
16.jpg 236.2K
17.jpg 281.6K

Comments

• _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited September 2016
    Yes, this is the current state of things....
    In particular, if you use this spell with Edwin or Nalia and you switch from one creature to another, he/she would lose the bonuses from their special items..... Take a look here for further details: http://redmine.beamdog.com/issues/20603.

NOTE: This bug also affects the level 9 arcane spell "Shapechange" and the Druids' innate "Shapeshift" ability. Moreover, the spider form is not hasted: http://redmine.beamdog.com/issues/20565.
    Sadly, this is the case for all games (BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE)
    Borcomf2112
  • BorcoBorco Member Posts: 325
    @Luke93 Thank you for shedding some light on the matter.

I suppose melee sorcerers (and other shapeshifters) will have to wait for some further fixes...

B.