Skip to content

Can't get any of the games to install.

So okay, I have a new laptop and I am trying to install all the enhanced edition games. At first I downloaded the beamdog client because that's what I used before. I started downloading all three at the same time, but the client stopped right before the first one finished and I had to use task manager in order to shut it down and try again. I tried several more times to just download one game at a time but the same happened: close to done on the bar but then the whole thing irreparably froze. The icon stays on the desktop, but it only resumes from where the downloader last "saves".

So I thought the issue was with the client and decided to download the games directly from the website, but same issue: right before it is done downloading it freezes and become unresponsive.

Now here's the wierd part. I sorta gave up and only tried to download BG:EE, since that's the one I wanted to play most at that time. The game wouldn't because of the issue above, but after some time went, some updates to windows 10 and so on, THE GAME WORKS! BG:EE works now, it fixed itself and I am able to play it without problem for some strange reason.

But now, I am trying to download IWD:EE and BG2:EE again but am stopped by the same problem I describe above. Freezing after close to completing the download and has to be "endtasked" by the task manager.

Please help.

I've attached my DxDiag finds in order to speed the process.