Skip to content

BG-SoD - Bugged near end, can't complete game - heeeelp!

I could really use some assistance! I'm near the end of the game (or at least it appears as though I am), but a number of critical NPCs seem to be missing.

*********SPOILERS**********

I have been to the Dragonspear Castle courtyard (did the quests at the enemy camp there), and underneath it - I've cleared out all the guards, poisoned the food and water supplies, spoken to and looted Hephernaan's chambers, but he has not appeared. There is a locked gate leading to the Castle proper, and a locked door leading to something evil sounding, but I can't open either one.

My journal tasks me under Important Events to "escape Dragonspear Castle and check in with de Lancie".

Additionally, I have a journal entry under Skie's Gone Missing to "inform Marshal Nederlok that Skie is safe".

I've returned to the camp, but neither de Lancie nor Nederlok are present. I've even searched other areas, waited until different times of day, etc., but they are not appearing. I also (from investigating to figure out if I've simply missed something) suspect that Hephernaan was supposed to appear in the Dragonspear basement, but he did not.

Is there any way to fix my game?

------

Here are the details:

v2.3.67.3 (bought via GOG if that matters)

iMac (27-inch, mid-2011)
OS X El Capitan (10.11.5)
3.4 GHz Intel Core i7
AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2048M
16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

No mods installed.

Save file attached.

Thanks in advance! I'd hate to not be able to finish the game, this is driving me crazy! :(

-Kade