Skip to content

Berrun Ghastkill

Sorry if this has already been discussed. but i have finished the mines, to return to Berrun. only there is no dialogue, with three strange dialogue options available.

Comments

• DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    :o
    Did you install the last patch and/or have mods installed?
    I'm deep inside a bout of restartitis, i played with a cavalier and a fighter/thief and nothing like this happened. I use the SoD launcher, though
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Do you have SoD?

If positive, did you used mod merger?
  • JensonE82JensonE82 Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2016
    Hey all, no i have purchased this through Steam (supposed to always keep it up to date)?
    and no mods have been installed. and yes i have just bought SOD through steam.
    Post edited by JensonE82 on
    I have reinstalled the game with no luck, i noticed Branwen also seems to have an error, she is called Statue.
    I have continued on a bit but still the dialogue isn't working as per the image below, ill stop playing until i can find a fix :(

Seems broken
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    Make sure you don't have any leftover from a former mod installation: remove any file located in a folder named "override" either in the game directory (where "music", "lang" and "data" directories are) and in your profile (Documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition, where you can find the "save" directory).
    Such files could override base game dialogs and cause them to point to texts that are obviously from SOD. Leftovers from a former installation of BG1 Unfinished Business could cause something like this.

Regarding Branwen's name, if I'm right, the problem will remain unless you restart the game from a save before recruting here (after clearing the files).
    Thank you Isaya, your suggestion worked perfectly.