Skip to content

"Use Any Item" and Clerics

For a dual or multi-class Cleric/Thief, does the Thief ability "Use Any Item" override the Clerics weapons restrictions?

Comments

• JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
    Yus!
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    But you won't be proficient with non cleric weapons.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Not even Thiefy weapons? *sadface*
  • BugratBugrat Member Posts: 118
    Non-proficiency isn't that big of a deal in ToB though right... your THAC0 will be so low anyway. I don't remember it being a big problem for the cleric/thief I played a while back. One of my favorite character builds.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2012
    Bugrat said:

Non-proficiency isn't that big of a deal in ToB though right... your THAC0 will be so low anyway. I don't remember it being a big problem for the cleric/thief I played a while back. One of my favorite character builds.

The cleric half gets enough buff spells to override the negative of no proficiency for certain items.
    Post edited by elminster on
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    I usually hacked in what should be legal proficiency points after I got use all items. At level up, I'd stick it in something I didn't have any points in (single weapon style, usually), then open shadow keeper to stick it in what I wanted to use.

It'd work that way in 3e, so I feel no guilt at all about it.
  • ARKdeEREHARKdeEREH Member Posts: 531
    Yes, my Cleric/Thief uses Carsomyr. Of course, she doesn't have any proficiency in two handed swords, but it's still fun to play with.