Skip to content

Random Xan bug?

Ok so I just nuked the mercs outside the exit for Nashkel Mine and upon their collective deaths Xan gains a prot from evil spell...is that normal?

I've only ever taken Xan once before and wasn't for the whole game so I'm not a Xan vet by any means.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    ajwz
  • Mush_MushMush_Mush Member Posts: 476
    Thanks, it's one of my favourites. I was originally going to be Mage/Thief as it would probly suit the pic the most but I prefer pure casters.

Imoen's portrait I think was designed for BG2 since she has scars but I still love it for BG1.

I don't have a mac myself but I can't imagine it would be all that different/difficult to do. There's probably threads around about it.
    [Deleted User]
    Mush_Mush
  • Mush_MushMush_Mush Member Posts: 476
    Should be. It's in my override folder along with the medium and small versions...

The key is, at least for PC, to make sure the names of the files are "ImoenL" "ImoenM" and "ImoenS"
    [Deleted User]
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    I know that since 2.3 npc characters will now start matching your pc character level better, and sometimes they will gain spells if they are a mage

for example:

if you grab dynaheir when you are level 5, she will start at level 1 and then get boosted to level 5 and she will gain a couple of spells along the way ( fireball being one of them)

so maybe whats going on is the "forced level up" is being wonky and xan's XP is catching up to your character and he is gaining one of his "level catch up" spells
    Mush_Mush[Deleted User]
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    Weird spell for him to have. Xan, as he is, would accept that one cannot be protected from evil forever and that they will eventually win. Why would he willingly pick up the spell of his own accord?
  • alceryesalceryes Member Posts: 380
    edited October 2016
    This is normal, or at least now it is. I think it started a few updates back.

It's separate from the normal level increase companions get when they join you and is usually triggered on the first XP that the new companion gets while in the party.
    I never read the reasoning behind it but am guessing that it's a bit of game balancing going on. It goes along with the level increase in that this mage, that just gained three levels to get up to around CHARNAME'S level, would normally have more spells in his spellbook.
    Mush_Mush