Skip to content

Neera's quest in ToB [spoiler alert]

Long story short: went to clearing, killed everyone, teleported to black pits, killed everyone, went in, talked to super ultra powerful mage, he threatens, I choose to fight, fight ensues, I win (eventually, after using mass raise dead and a scroll of protection from magic), he says "LEAVE NOW", teleports me back to the clearing... What now? The quest isn't done yet...

Comments

• jinxed75jinxed75 Member Posts: 157
    The quest is done for you. Usually he would teleport you to Vicross' lair. Since you went for fighting him beforehand, that isn't an option for you anymore.
  • HaranHaran Member Posts: 66
    Oh well, at least it was an epic battle. But how come Neera has nothing to say about it?
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Haran said:

But how come Neera has nothing to say about it?

Because the writers didn't write dialogue for this outcome.

Szass Tam's quest is the final stage of Neera's quest-series, so in essence you've failed Neera's final quest by choosing to fight Szass Tam immediately instead of doing his quest. [Tip: if you had accepted his quest, then there'd have been an opportunity to fight him later without failing Neera's quest.]

Yes, if the writers had been more thorough, then of course they should have provided dialogue to cover all of the possible failed-quest scenarios as well as successful outcomes. Unfortunately, it's a fairly common problem that there are multiple ways of failing a quest and time-restricted writers don't always get around to covering every failure-outcome.
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    You can post it as a feature request I suppose.
    Reading the boards Beamdog has other priorities at now, but is possible that they decide to add a couple of dialogue lines.