Skip to content

NPC Interactions Increased?

disgruntledgamerdisgruntledgamer Member Posts: 13
edited November 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
I haven't seen this anywhere but have NPC Interactions been improved to that similar to at least BG 2 instead of just repeat ramblings like in BG 1? I think there should be more occasions where certain NPCs don't get along and get into fights, as well as have their own little conversations that stop the action kinda like in BG 2.

I also think there should be certain quests certain NPCs should comment on more.

Comments

• WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    The original NPC's do not have new dialogue or banter. The new NPC's, however, do banter similarly to that in BG2.
  • disgruntledgamerdisgruntledgamer Member Posts: 13
    edited November 2012
    Ah thanks for answering that, kinda a shame tho the banter in BG 1 wasn't that great and could have easily been improved upon.
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    Wiggles said:

The original NPC's do not have new dialogue or banter. The new NPC's, however, do banter similarly to that in BG2.

The Original NPC's do have new dialogue and interactions with the new NPCs, but this is limited to the new areas only.

Furthermore as I understand it they can add some new dialogue lines to the old content, but only a line or two, not something at the scale of BG1NPC project.

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    mch202 said:

Wiggles said:

The Original NPC's do have new dialogue and interactions with the new NPCs, but this is limited to the new areas only.
    It's not limited to the new areas.

• mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    Jalily said:

mch202 said:

Wiggles said:

It's not limited to the new areas.

Even better :)
  • ryu1ryu1 Member Posts: 76
    YES! More Neebers please!
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I heard a rumor that Noober writes you a poem.

And then Jaheira chastises him for being amateurish, and Khalid has a moment of clarity wherein he realizes that, yes, this is his life, and why did he think that things would get better after the wedding, things only ever get worse when there's paperwork involved, and Jaheira can be such a Yes dear, of course, I'll carry that for you, sorry about the wife Noober, she gets like that sometimes--No, dear, not in a bad way...