Skip to content

Is an untargetable creature Seen?

chimericchimeric Member Posts: 1,163
edited October 2016 in General Modding
Some time ago I used a Berserk effect restricted in the following way: the target received a custom Specifics value and all creatures on the map except the caster of the effect were cloaked by Protection From Creature Type quoting that Specifics value. The berserker could only target, and therefore attack, the caster. Now I'm curious whether those you cannot target are also not Seen or Detected. If so, hiding all but the right creature from the creature you want to manipulate could be a much quicker way of setting targets than going through Nearest, SecondNearest and so on, which may not be practical at all in a large crowd.

Comments

• ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    edited October 2016
    Can't see the protected. Dynamic object types (e.g. NearestEnemyOf() and []) won't return it either.
  • chimericchimeric Member Posts: 1,163
    edited October 2016
    Perfect. And how about the Nearest count? Will protected creatures still dial back as Nearest? Or will that counting skip protected creatures?
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    Will skip.
  • chimericchimeric Member Posts: 1,163
    Well, it was a good idea, but for some reason the creature didn't want to see anybody, even the one neighbour I left visible and with the spell state. I tried attacking the creature - it reacted and went after that one, so it can target it. But it doesn't see it, at least not properly, or Nearests are counted off through something other than vision. Groping, possibly. :p