Skip to content

What counts as a solo run?

Looking at the Achievements and was thinking of doing a solo run. What counts as a solo run though, because Imoen seems to automatically join. Is accepting someone, taking their kit and then kicking them out, sill solo ? Is there a flag or event that can't happen between someone joining and being kicked out?

Comments

• dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    For me it goes like this:

Imoen: "Heya it's me, Imoen!"
    Charname: "Get lost!"

I don't take any of her kit and from that point on I don't take anyone into my party for any reason, however briefly - not even just to carry stuff. I find inventory management one of the bigger problems of soloing and much as I would like to, for example, recruit Dorn to help my wimpy Assassin/Mage lug Ankheg shells back to Beregost I just don't do it.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,318
    I also don't allow any recruitment, but many people do so just play how you want to.

For Imoen it's not necessary to recruit her in BG1 (it is in BG2, which always annoys me). If you pause the game immediately after the cut scene you can move out of Imoen's sight before she's even created - if you're slightly too slow for that you can still just run away from her. These days though I normally just kill her with missile weapons :blush: .
  • yksimaltyksimalt Member Posts: 115
    Kill her? :-/

• Mush_MushMush_Mush Member Posts: 476
    You can just run away from her. Though I usually ask her to strip down and give me her stuff before sending her off into the unknown.

It's the best thing for everyone really. Wise man once said "Self discovery is best left to the self"

She'll manage, worst case scenario, shes chained up and tortured by a crazy mage, highly unlikely though...
  • RidcullyRidcully Member Posts: 167
    Okay, i'll ask the question in a different way. In Steam, what event(s) triggers the Solo run achievement to not be fullfilled.
  • bleusteelbleusteel Member Posts: 523
    During the 2.0 beta, I was able to get the solo achievement after having had Imoen and Neera in the party just long enough to "borrow" their belongings.

My feeling is that it checks if you are solo when the game ends, not whether you were solo the whole time.
  • alceryesalceryes Member Posts: 380
    edited October 2016
    Companions are counted as being in your party the instant they receive XP, from anything (including quests, spell learning, lock picking, trap disarming, etc).
    You can lug them around all you want, not gain any XP, dump them, and it will still count as a solo run. Why you would want to do this is beyond me, though.
  • Mush_MushMush_Mush Member Posts: 476
    oh I duno could be rather amusing to send garrick into Centeol's lair armed with a crossbow and no bolts.