I'm familiar with Baldur's Gate, since i played it from the very first moment in 1995. Now I'm trying it the first time on my Mac Book Pro, but it isn't going that well ,-) I was able to install the game, but it crashes after the character creation. Below some informations. I'm thankful if anybody can give me some advice & help.
- download via Baldurs Gate Launcher
- Baldurs Gate EE Version: 18.104.22.168
- Mac: MacBook Pro, Retina, 13", 2014
- 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5
- 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
- OSX Yosemite 10.10
I was able to install the game. The game starts until the start screen:
- I'm able to choose & play the tutorial until i try to save the tutorial game = the game crashes
- I'm able to choose the 'full game' Baldurs Gate & create a character, after I choose difficulty = the game crashes
- I'm able to choose black pits & choose characters, after I choose difficulty = the game crashes
- i realized, that i can choose the german language, but after i restart the game i'm having english language again
- i realized, that i can choose a different resolution (options > graphics: scale user interface), but after i restart the game i'm having the old resolution
(I COULD compensate this problem with marking the box 'play in low resolution' at the icon informations of 'Baldurs Gate Enhanced Editionon'-Icon, on my mac - but that doesn't help me since the game doesn't start and always crashes)
After the game crashes i'm able to have a look at the log file from my 'OS X yosemite':
Thank you all!