Skip to content

Shadowdancer dualclass

Hey all,

I tried it out, wasnt very happy with it, and reverted back... What are your thoughts? :smile:

I am at end of game, just started Chapter 7. My EX is maxed, human shadowdancer, and I am given the opportunity to dual class to Fighter. Thing is, I (obviously) lose my thief set/equipment. I dont think that at this point its worth it, given I will be done with the game shortly and moving on to BG2. Current make up:

Kagain
Dorn
Branwen
Viconia
Edwin

Is it worth dual-classing at this point? I was planning on carrying him over to BG2 and using as main thief, but know there is Yoshimo for a good chunk of the game... Does dual class level carry over, or does it start at 7 (I think is the default starting point in BG2)... So many questions lol

Comments

• ZilberZilber Member Posts: 253
    Well, going through SoD might help you enough to be a full Shadowdancer again. If you have everything you need for your thieving, you can consider this, if not, you shouldn't.

Do note that SoD limits evil parties to Safana.
  • ValferysValferys Member Posts: 47
    Never thought about that... I never bought the expansion, so maybe i will lol
  • recklessheartrecklessheart Member Posts: 692
    I had the interesting experience when porting my dual class over to SoA of realising that SoA reads the XP of your present class, and auto-levels you accordingly. At the end of BG1EE, my protagonist was a level 9 Mage, level 6 Thief. She could gain no further Thief levels due to the XP cap, however when I began SoA, she automatically gained enough XP to allow her to gain access again to her Mage abilities.