Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Importing mod kit characters from SoD to BG2EE

shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
edited October 2016 in BGII:EE Mods
Is anyone else having problem transferring a SoD endgame save with a mod kit to BG2? I've been using the Pale Master kit, but when transferring the final SoD save (with all the relevant inventory items), BG2 defaults the character to the original Sorcerer class. The kit itself works fine and can be selected from the character creation screen, so I'm not sure what to do. I can't even access the character's stats via EE Keeper because it doesn't read the mod kit anyway.

Save attached, help would be appreciated...

Comments

• subtledoctorsubtledoctor Member Posts: 11,460
    That has never worked, and never will work. the two games have a different number of rows in kitlist.2da and kit.ids, and technically the way your kit is encoded in the .cre file is just a reference to the row in those file(s).

There is no way to reliably synchronize those files across different games, so this is a hopeless endeavor (I've looked into it). You have two options:

1) Start BG2, your nominal kit will be wrong but you will have all the proper abilities. So just save the game immediately, edit the savegame woth NI or EEKeeper to give yourself the right kit, and then continue playing. Everything will work fine.

2) Play EET.