Skip to content

"Third Edition" Playthrough Ideas

BarachielBarachiel Member Posts: 82
edited October 2016 in Challenges and Playthroughs
First off, this is not a "Challenge" Playthrough, in the sense of "lets impose limitations to make the game harder." While I fully intend to use mods like SCS and Ascension, this is closer to a roleplaying playthrough idea, only focused on game mechanics. Hell, I'd like to try and make this a mod, if I had the slightest idea how to do so. *laughs*

Basically, through heavy use of EE Keeper, I want to "Third Edition"-ify character classes for PC and Party NPCs. I've got a short list of changes, and was curious if there were any other suggestions out there I might not have thought of.

General Class Changes
* No Dual-Classing; Multi-Class for All Races (I know this is in a tweakpack mod somewhere) Reason: I've never liked Dual-Classing, even before 3E was a thing.
* No Racial Restriction for Classes
* 3E Weapon Proficiency: Basically, all characters start with one level of Weapon Proficiency in all weapon types available to them (No Weapon Styles), but forfeit the usual 1st Level WP choices of 2nd Ed. Exception: Fighter, who gets 2 extra picks to represent Weapon Focus and initial Weapon Style. Reason: Greater initial weapon flexibility, allowing you to vary early on without ruining potential min-maxing down the road.
* Favored Weapon For Clerics: Give Clerics access to a Martial Weapon type they would not normally have access to.

NPC Specific Changes
* Minsc to Barbarian
* Imoen to Mage/Thief (Multi)
* Branwen gets 1 Point in Axes
* Mazzy to Paladin (Cavalier) Justification for In-Game Banter: No Paladin Order will recognize her, so she doesn't CONSIDER herself one officially.