Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

translations needed! for a small project

subtledoctorsubtledoctor Member Posts: 11,466
My new armor system mod relies on matching certain terms to strings in the game - like, finding the word "dragon" in "Blue Dragon Plate."  I've gotten it set up such that it can work in different languages... so now I need translations into other languages to that it can work for everyone!

I have a complete Polish translation of the mod.  Doing more full translations would be a large undertaking.  So in the meantime, I propose to only get translations of the small number of strings involved in the armor system, and I'll keep the rest of the strings in English for now.  That way a player can at least successfully get the functional benefits of that component.

Here are the strings that need translation:
@10001  = ~^Armor Class:.+$~
@10002  = ~Armor Class: ~
@10003  = ~Damage Resistance: ~
@10004  = ~Dexterity Penalty: -~
@10005  = ~Arcane Casting Speed Penalty: +~
@10006  = ~Weapon Attack Speed Penalty: +~
@10011  = ~dragon~
@10012  = ~elven~
@10013  = ~elvish~
@10014  = ~sylvan~
@10015  = ~bladesinger~
@10018  = ~robe~
@10019  = ~cloak~
@10021  = ~Stealth, Pick Pockets: -~
@10022  = ~Open Locks, Set Traps: -~
@10023  = ~Find Traps, Detect Illusion: -~
@10030  = ~Armor of Faith

Level: 1
Sphere: Protection
Range: 0
Duration: 3 rounds + 1 round/level
Casting Time: 1
Area of Effect: The caster
Saving Throw: None

The caster of this spell receives significant protection against melee and magical attacks. This magical armor-like force surrounds the caster and absorbs a portion of any damage taken. This amounts to an effect 10% boost to damage resistance against all damage types.~

The terms should match those used in the game strings in each language.  Like, the translation for "dragon" should match the word found in the name of the "Blue Dragon Plate" armor.  Etc.

If anyone would like to help, reply in this thread or just PM me.  Thanks!

Comments

• gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,180
    I can, slowly, help you for the Italian translation. Slowly because I have to check how every thing is in the Italian localization of EE, I am used to original and there are differences, and because at present I am quit busy.
    I think that to post here is better than use PM, because others can eventually correct errors and because is possible that 2 or more people work at the same translation without knowing of each other or that you have still the translation in that language.

• gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,180
    edited November 2016
    here we are, for now, I will edit the post adding the things that I have to check.
    If some other users of the Italian localization like to contribute feel free to do it.

Here are the strings that need translation:

@10001  = ~^Armor Class:.+$~
    @10002  = ~Armor Class: ~ Classe Armatura
    @10003  = ~Damage Resistance: ~ I must check
    @10004  = ~Dexterity Penalty: -~ I must check
    @10005  = ~Arcane Casting Speed Penalty: +~ I must check
    @10006  = ~Weapon Attack Speed Penalty: +~ I must check
    @10011  = ~dragon~ Drago
    @10012  = ~elven~ elfico or elfica (in Italian grammar there is no neutral gender and the gender of an adjective take the gender of
    the noun, that can be masculine or feminine, so a elven staff is bastone elficO
    and an elven armor is armatura elficA, as a general rule masculine nouns
    and adjectives end in o and feminine in a)
    @10013  = ~elvish~ elfico (M) elfica (F)
    @10014  = ~sylvan~ slivano (M) silvana (F) the armor is "Cotta di Maglia Silvana"
    @10015  = ~bladesinger~ not changed, still bladesinger, the elven mail is "Cotta di Maglia del Bladesinger"
    @10018  = ~robe~ abito
    @10019  = ~cloak~ mantello
    @10021  = ~Stealth, Pick Pockets: -~
    @10022  = ~Open Locks, Set Traps: -~
    @10023  = ~Find Traps, Detect Illusion: -~
    @10030  = ~Armor of Faith Armatura della Fede

Level: 1 Livello:1
    Sphere: Protection Sfera: Protezione
    Range: 0 I must check
    Duration: 3 rounds + 1 round/level Durata: 3 round + 1 round/livello
    Casting Time: 1 I must check
    Area of Effect: The caster I must check
    Saving Throw: None I must check

The caster of this spell receives significant protection against melee and magical attacks. This magical armor-like force surrounds the caster and absorbs a portion of any damage taken. This amounts to an effect 10% boost to damage resistance against all damage types.~
    "Il lanciatore di questo incantesimo riceve una significativa protezione verso gli attacchi di mischia e magici. Questa forza, simile ad una armatura magica, circonda il lanciatore ed assorbe una porzione di ogni danno subito. L'effetto è un incremento del 10% della resistenza al danno contro ogni tipo di danno."

Edit added a couple of translations

Post edited by gorgonzola on
  • subtledoctorsubtledoctor Member Posts: 11,466
    edited November 2016
    Thanks!

The only ones that specifically need to match the terms used in the game are:

~Armor Class: ~
    ~dragon~ (from Blue Dragon Plate, and/or Red Dragonscale Armor)
    ~elven~ (from elven chain armor)
    ~sylvan~ (from the Sylvan Chain +2)
    ~bladesinger~ (from the Bladesinger Chain +4)

Everything else can just be your own translation.

• AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 958
    Do you need this to check armor type in other languages? You could just ask Mike1072 for the... IR(?) item library.

• subtledoctorsubtledoctor Member Posts: 11,466
    I only need the dragon and eleven terms for matching armors. And I actually gave my own fairly extensive library of elven chains, so this is just to cover any armors that my library misses.

The more important thing is the description patching. For the description patching to work at all I MUST have a proper translation for "Armor Class:" just as it appears in all armor descriptions. everything else just goes into the new descriptions.

So now that I think about it, I could probably make it work with only three translations:
    ~Armor Class~
    ~Dragon~
    ~Elven~