Skip to content

Trying to cure my chronic restartitis

2»

Comments

• AdaJAdaJ Member Posts: 154
    Cleric/Ranger might want to play up the Mielikki angle.

If dualling from Ranger to Cleric, for example, then you walked the path of a Ranger of Mielikki but the increasingly powerful bad guys you are running into that you cannot simply beat up with your weapon forced you to increasingly look towards your goddess for help and divine inspiration.

For a multiclass, you realise that your calling is out there, not within the walls of Candlekeep. Gorion is getting older and eventually, he will pass on and Ulraut would kick you out the second he does. To prepare for that eventuality, as you are still a very young half-elf, you read up on all the stuff that you might face out there, and learnt that the strength of arms is not enough for everything, and so you prayed to Mielikki to show you the way.

Things along those lines can make for an interesting character. Devout but looks inwards rather than try to evangelise everyone or make grand religious gestures. Someone who trains in every way possible to serve his goddess (i.e., both as a warrior of the wilds and a channel through which his goddess can affect the world), yet does it quietly and humbly, and whose last words to his goddess, when he passes on, is, "Forgive me, for I can no longer serve."
  • KnellerKneller Member Posts: 438
    That's pretty good. Now, how can you tie charname's bloodline into it?
    That was a 30 second ass-pull :p

There is no reason to tie-in Charname's bloodline in the slightest. He never knew he is Bhaalspawn until after he left Candlekeep. From a roleplaying point of view, Charname's bloodline has no bearing on what he is and what he became until after he left Candlekeep. All he knows is that Ulraunt is an arse who hates him.

After Candlekeep, it is his devotion to Mielikki (plus his friends) that keeps him sane in the rollercoaster ride of the Iron Crisis and it is his link, above and beyond wanting to end Irenicus, to wanting to save the elves and their tree. He is not ruled by his blood.
    Granted, but I still like to tie it into my concepts on some level. Not to say that Charname is in any way aware of his bloodline, but he has the feeling somehow that something is not quite right with himself, which somehow influences the path he has chosen (i.e. class).
  • FrancoisFrancois Member Posts: 452
    edited November 2016
    He could be troubled with urges for murder and use religion as some kind of defense against this dark side. When he was living peacefully in Candlekeep the urges were easy to ignore and he was happy playing with animals and stuff. When he starts getting into constant fighting with bounty hunters and bandits he can feel the guilty pleasure of killing. You can choose a specific time in the game where turning to religion becomes a way of controling his behavior and dual-class.
  • Yulaw9460Yulaw9460 Member Posts: 634
    edited November 2018
    Deleted.
    Post edited by Yulaw9460 on
  • RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    Curing your restartitis seems almost impossible. You are taking it a little too serious imo. You don't need to think this much about your character. Let me give you a brief version of mine.

Melinda was a kind and sharp woman who grew up in Candlekeep. She always prefered to study physical combat, so she was a fighter more or less. She held a strong interest in the undead creatures of the realm, she was fascinated of them, but also respected them. Wanting to become a professional undead slayer, she enhanced her combat techniques in blunt weapons, prefering either a hammer or a flail. She also studied Divine magic and became a follower of Lathander. She used spells that would aid her in combat against undead. She became an undead hunter, a professional undead slayer. Many knew of her and saw her as a relaible arm for hire if undead presence was a threat.

So, the class is EE Keepered with no cheats. A woman, human multiclass. She is a human for RP reasons and doesn't benefit in anyway from it.

Simple character, tons of fun.
    gorgonzola
  • RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    Curing your restartitis seems almost impossible. You are taking it a little too serious imo. You don't need to think this much about your character. Let me give you a brief version of mine.

Melinda was a kind and sharp woman who grew up in Candlekeep. She always prefered to study physical combat, so she was a fighter more or less. She held a strong interest in the undead creatures of the realm, she was fascinated of them, but also respected them. Wanting to become a professional undead slayer, she enhanced her combat techniques in blunt weapons, prefering either a hammer or a flail. She also studied Divine magic and became a follower of Lathander. She used spells that would aid her in combat against undead. She became an undead hunter, a professional undead slayer. Many knew of her and saw her as a relaible arm for hire if undead presence was a threat.

So, the class is EE Keepered with no cheats. A woman, human multiclass. She is a human for RP reasons and doesn't benefit in anyway from it.

Simple character, tons of fun.
    Kneller said:

Granted, but I still like to tie it into my concepts on some level. Not to say that Charname is in any way aware of his bloodline, but he has the feeling somehow that something is not quite right with himself, which somehow influences the path he has chosen (i.e. class).

Then, no. I am more than happy to help you with your restartitis problem, but if you are not willing to work towards it yourself, there is nothing I or anyone else can do to help you.
    gorgonzola
    Like I said, I'm just going to plug through with my 2h Cav and the concept I mentioned above. The C/R thing was just a side conversation. I don't think it's unreasonable to try to work charname's bloodline into the backstory on some level, though. To me, it makes the class choice more personal and interesting.