Skip to content

What happens to Hexxat at the end of TOB? (Spoilers)

fetito666fetito666 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 204
Now I am GOD! I got to know what happened to Edwin, Saravok, Viconia and Dorn <3 , but nothing about Hexxat?

How does her life continue?
Post edited by Tresset on

Comments

• Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    fetito666 said:

How does her life continue?

She's undead, she literally has no life.

Aaaaaw-yeah.
    ThacoBellfetito666GrumGod
  • fetito666fetito666 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 204
    But I freed her from L. She could still do things. I wonder what happened to her. :(
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    You mean Hexxat stayed in the party after freeing her from L, and you went on to complete the game with her still in the party, and after winning you received the epilogues explaining what happened to the rest of your party, but the epilogue for Hexxat failed to appear?

If so, then that's a bug or glitch. Hexxat does have an end-of-ToB epilogue, which should be revealed at the same time as those for your other companions.

The only time I've ever kept Hexxat right to the end of ToB, my protagonist was in a romance with her, but then accepted the ascension to divinity. In that case, the epilogue for Hexxat (so far as I recall it) was mainly about her going home to the jungles of Chult, where she became a marauder and eventually the basis of a fearsome local legend. In other cases (i.e. not romanced, or divinity declined), there would be a different epilogue, but I haven't yet played those scenarios.
    fetito666

You mean Hexxat stayed in the party after freeing her from L, and you went on to complete the game with her still in the party, and after winning you received the epilogues explaining what happened to the rest of your party, but the epilogue for Hexxat failed to appear?

If so, then that's a bug or glitch. Hexxat does have an end-of-ToB epilogue, which should be revealed at the same time as those for your other companions.

The only time I've ever kept Hexxat right to the end of ToB, my protagonist was in a romance with her, but then accepted the ascension to divinity. In that case, the epilogue for Hexxat (so far as I recall it) was mainly about her going home to the jungles of Chult, where she became a marauder and eventually the basis of a fearsome local legend. In other cases (i.e. not romanced, or divinity declined), there would be a different epilogue, but I haven't yet played those scenarios.

Thanks! Hexxat is an interesting character.
    edited November 2016
    @fetito666 - okay, here you go.

I've rummaged through my savegame archive and found one for the Final Battle at the end of ToB, with Hexxat in the party and romanced by the protagonist. Just for you, I've replayed it from there to the end-of-game epilogues, twice, accepting ascension in one case and declining it in the other. (Ah, the lengths to which I'll go to help people! :grin:)

Attached please find screenshots of the two different Hexxat epilogues in these cases. (The reference in each epilogue to "Glokra Glitterdelve" is to the name of the protagonist, of course.)

There would (presumably) be a third epilogue for Hexxat when she is not in a romance with the protagonist, but I don't have a savegame for that scenario. I'd guess that this would be somewhat similar to the ascension-accepted epilogue attached, but I don't know for sure.
    fetito666JuliusBorisov
    Thank you! I had a romance with Dorn going on and it made me all sad that he got killed, but we reunited in heaven. In Ferun he started a sect worshipping me.
    Gallowglass
    fetito666 said:

... but we reunited in heaven.

Heaven? Surely that's one place where Dorn would not be welcome!
    gorgonzola
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    ... That's definitely a modded ending (you can tell by the Terms & Conditions-like length).
    GallowglasssemiticgoddessJuliusBorisovGod
    Ah, yes, I forgot to mention that I had the Dorn mod on. I already forgot about that.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    If an npc is chunked in the final fight, there will be no epilogue. However since Hexxat can not be chunked (she can get petrified or disintegrated, IIRC) this is a slight possibility. If Hexxat was petrified/disintegrated at the last moment of the fight you might have missed that. Again, a stretch. But H should have a proper epilogue if she was with the party and alive at the end (well, not ALIVE alive, but you get the meaning)
    fetito666JuliusBorisovgorgonzola
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    I tell you what will happen to "my" Hexxat at the end of ToB. She will wait petrified in the pocket plane and will have the ending she deserve. The abomination will be finally destroyed with the PP.

Goodness forever, come Minsc, my trusty comrade, let's go kick some butt for goodness :smiley:
    Grum
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100

I tell you what will happen to "my" Hexxat at the end of ToB. She will wait petrified in the pocket plane and will have the ending she deserve. The abomination will be finally destroyed with the PP.

Goodness forever, come Minsc, my trusty comrade, let's go kick some butt for goodness :smiley:

I'll have to do that next run.
    gorgonzola

Well okay, but the default ending of her ToB quest will have an equivalently fatal result (unless you deliberately save her life ... er, unlife), so what's the point of doing what you suggest?
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    Because playing good I can really not RP to play her quests. Let's say that I play an Undead Hunter Pally, I can take Clara with me and then, without knowing it, before, I find an evil vampire in the party. The logic RP decision is to drop her and kill her, immediately. But I can not kill her, she is the only NPC with that special gift from the developers, even if is the only one that can has, in some RP situations, a real reason to be killed as she is not only evil, but an abomination, an unnatural being.