Skip to content

Mercenaries in Siege of Dragonspear

I tried playing the expansion, but didn't get very far ahead in it. There are too many things I find to be in bad taste, even if they are mingled with good ideas. One feature which I only learned about by looking at files in a toolset is mercenaries. Apparently you can hire some muscle in SoD. What are they like? Do they travel between maps with you? Do they have personalities? Can they be controlled and directed? Do they cost much?

Comments

• redlineredline Member Posts: 296
    I don't believe any such mechanic is present in SoD. Could you clarify what files you saw that seemed to indicate otherwise?
  • FrancoisFrancois Member Posts: 452
    edited November 2016
    Depending on how you do in some quests you can have people that will fight along with you near the end in some very specific battles. I'm not sure if that's what these merceneraies are about, but that's the closest I can think about in terms of extra muscle.

Also the army you are fighting in the campaing are a mix or religious fanatics and mercenaries, so maybe these files refer to some of the specific enemies.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    There are numerous NPCs named "Mercenary" in SoD, but they can't be hired by the player. They've already been hired by someone else, and are mostly enemies.
  • chimericchimeric Member Posts: 1,163
    edited November 2016
    Oh? I thought they could fight for the player. Yes, I know there are some blues who come to the party's aid from time to time, like Flaming Fist in the beginning, but I thought the creatures called "Mercenary" could actually be hired to come along. They are of neutral alignment and allegiance in the toolset.
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    They are part of the Crusade. Like the rest of crusaders, they usually remain neutral until attacked or until certain game progress is made.