Skip to content

Health calculations - please help me check what's wrong

naggertnaggert Member Posts: 65
Hey guys

I've been playing on and off. Yesterday I saw that starting a new game, using an imported dualclass character, will mess up HP. Apparently this is a known bug.
Can you please help me make sure these calculations are correct before I use EE keeper to revert them?

My pure fighter has exactly 262 HP both ingame and from calculations.
My fighter/cleric seems to be missing 26 HP...
Whereas my paladin have 28 HP to much...

BallyCraic, Naggert, Sizzlor and LaggALot should all have an additional +25 HP for 4 playthroughs as MP (hell and deck)

I've tried making it as manageable as possible.

EDIT:
Found the first error
Post edited by naggert on

Comments

• naggertnaggert Member Posts: 65
    Hm. If I replace Sofia's +5 con bonus with the regular +2 bonus, she ends up on 194 HP.
    Arent she supposed to get +5 HP for the first 9 levels as beserker?
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    A few comments:
    - BallyCraic is a thief, so has 10 levels with HD - 140 HPs is thus correct.
    - Naggert has dualled and therefore thief levels only start giving HPs from L14 - should be 184 HPs. I guess that your character had some bonuses in game, e.g. from ioun stone to account for difference.
    - Bhalthus is a sorcerer so gets 10 levels with HD - should be 81 HPs. Was he wearing the Claw of Kazgaroth to reduce constitution bonus?
    - Sofia has dualled so only gets cleric HPs from level 14 - 195 HPs is correct.
    - LaggALot's HPs appear correctly calculated - was he perhaps under the influence of a potion of power at the time the character was exported?
    Hope that helps.
    naggertJuliusBorisov
    edited November 2016
    Thank you so much for the answers!
    It clarified a few things and raised a few other questions.

The HP on the right side are all taken with "naked" and unbuffed characters. It should be their current and maximum HP. Four of the characters have been through an entire BG1EE, BG2EE and TOB playthrough, which explains the slightly higher stats.

Those four of them, like Naggert, got 15 HP from Hell trials and 10 HP from Deck of many Things.
    But 184+25 is also 209 as he currently have! Which checks out.

I didn't actually know their second class only gained HP at lvl 14, after dualling at lvl 13.
    That makes my math all wrong.

Im not sure why Bhalthus and LaggALot's HP are so wrong. If anything it should be 195+25.

Did you use a calculator? Maybe a homepage / program?
    Forgot to mention that I levelled a test beserker / cleric with the same stats as Sofia.
    The test-run also got exactly 195 HP which again proves you to be 100% correct! <3
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    edited November 2016
    Wow, I just checked and at the end of chap2 my FMT has 108hp and my mage 47. And they are over leveled as I use an effective leveling strategy and turn to stone almost every enemy that is worth the effort to get double xp.
    Playing with maxed HP rolls seems to give a huge advantage, I think I will try it one of the next runs.
    JuliusBorisov
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    naggert said:

Thank you so much for the answers!
    It clarified a few things and raised a few other questions.

The HP on the right side are all taken with "naked" and unbuffed characters. It should be their current and maximum HP. Four of the characters have been through an entire BG1EE, BG2EE and TOB playthrough, which explains the slightly higher stats.

Those four of them, like Naggert, got 15 HP from Hell trials and 10 HP from Deck of many Things.
    But 184+25 is also 209 as he currently have! Which checks out.

I didn't actually know their second class only gained HP at lvl 14, after dualling at lvl 13.
    That makes my math all wrong.

Im not sure why Bhalthus and LaggALot's HP are so wrong. If anything it should be 195+25.

Did you use a calculator? Maybe a homepage / program?

No program - I was just looking at your calculations.

So the HPs of all the characters seem correct except for Bhalthus and LaggALot.
    - with 25 additional from HellTrials and Deck the latter would have 220. Is it possible he was actually level 30, not 29 when you exported him?
    - with 25 additional for Bhalthus he would have 106. I can't think of any plausible reason why the game would have imported him with 70 if he was at unbuffed state (not level drained for instance).