Skip to content

Question about Jaheira Harper Quest

ARKdeEREHARKdeEREH Member Posts: 531
Hello,

I don't usually play with Jaheira in my party, so her Harper quest is one of the few quests in BG2 that I've never actually played. This is largely due to the fact that Jaheira is one of my less favored BG2 characters since she has a tendency to be rude to Viconia who is my favorite NPC. Anyway, I decided to try that quest in my current playthrough, but Jaheira has disappeared and doesn't seem to be coming back, so I think I may have made a mistake somewhere and am hoping to clarify what went wrong with people more familiar with this quest.

Shortly after the incident with Xzar a woman approached Jaheira and they left together. Jaheira returned about a day later and said that we needed to accompany her to the Harper headquarters in the Docks District. We went there and were confronted by this guy named Galvarey and several of his cronies. No matter what dialogue options I selected Jaheira said that she would not fight on either side and then left the building. I won the fight with Galvarey, but now I can't find Jaheira. It has been several game days and she has not yet returned.

I tried reading about this on other websites, but so far I haven't found anyone talking about this problem specifically. What I did find were posts stating that Jaheira sided with the PC in the battle against Galvarey. Since she didn't side with me and just left instead, I am thinking that maybe this is the problem, but I am uncertain how to fix it since she didn't give me any other options.

Does anyone know if this is a problem and if so how to fix it?

Thanks!

Comments

• styggastygga Member Posts: 467
    I'm not sure if it is tied into her romance or not... maybe your charisma, reputation, something... IDK. What are those stats like?
  • ARKdeEREHARKdeEREH Member Posts: 531
    edited November 2012
    I read that I could do the Harper quest regardless of whether I was in the romance with Jaheira, so in this game I'm not romancing her.

My charisma is 15 and my reputation is 6.
  • IsairIsair Member Posts: 217
    It's based on your characters reputation, if it's below a certain point then she won't side with you - if it's lower still she'll side with the Harpers.

It's not a bug, she's gone. Next time keep your rep arround 15+ (I think). It's a quest well worth doing for the items alone.
    ^ What he said, just did some research on sorcerers place and it said if your reputation is poor she's gone for good. Sorry bro! reload, donate to some temples, or lose her for good.
    Isair said:

It's based on your characters reputation, if it's below a certain point then she won't side with you - if it's lower still she'll side with the Harpers.

It's not a bug, she's gone. Next time keep your rep arround 15+ (I think). It's a quest well worth doing for the items alone.

You were right about the reputation. Thanks! I loaded my earlier save and tested it. Of course, now Korgan hates me, but oh well. At least Jaheira is still in my party.

She didn't say anything after the battle. Can I assume she will later and that the quest is back on track?
    I don't think she says anything... For a bit. If you want spoilers I can give...
    stygga said:

I don't think she says anything... For a bit. If you want spoilers I can give...

No, thanks. I just wanted to make sure that everything was fixed before I continue with the game. I didn't want to find out after I complete several more quests that I made some mistake that prevents the Harper quest from working.
    Does my reputation have to remain at 15 the whole time for the Harper quest to continue to work?
    Don't think so. Feel free to drop that puppy. Just don't let Jaheira run off I assume.
  • IsairIsair Member Posts: 217
    You need to keep it high for the later stages of her quest. A higher reputation results in benefits. So I'd say yes, however you can let it drop once it's completely done & you'll know when it is.
  • DuronDuron Member Posts: 137
    Simple fact. Your reputation is to low to keep her. IF you ain't romancing her your reputation HAS to be over 10 or 12 or 15, not sure anymore to keep her after that fight. If your reputation is to low aka 1-5 she joins the fight against you.

Jaheira quest chain, specially if you are romancing her is really fucked up. Overall, most players don't keep Jaheira in party unless they are good, and it makes sense. Her real alignment is neutral good instead of true neutral that she has for some unknown reason.

Main reason why you do the quest chain (which is bloody awesome) is to get to one of the best items in the game that is given to Jaheira by somebody special IF she stays with you and you have a reputation over 15 at that final point of the long quest chain.

Game has a bug though in that quest chain after the part you are at. Harpers send a friend of Jaheira's after you to kill you. If your reputation at that point is lower then 5 Jaheira will leave you, if your reputation is between 5 and 15 that friend will try to kill your party, if it is above 15 she will leave you alone and go back to talk to Harpers in your defense. Bug that occurs is that later on it is considered that above 15 reputation doesn't work, aka it is considered you have killed that friend of Jaheira's.