Skip to content

Error when running WeiDU

I seem to be having issues running WeiDU. I wanted to start a new Playthrough with different mods, so instead of Launching the game, I chose Revert (or whatever that option is - can't remember). BUt it did remove all changes and reverted back to the original game. I then copied a new WeiDU with all components and copied over mods that I know do work (I used them before). One example is NPC_EE. When running WeiDU, I get the below error message.

cp: /private/var/folders/md/w0c9z2wx6t77jqxtn9p9qbnr0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/2CA3E0AF-15FA-4A1D-94B3-95FB92C155EE/d/weidu: Read-only file system

I made sure the all components were read/write and this directory does not seem to even exist when I look for it in the terminal. I use a MAC with the latest OS as well as the latest patches with SoD.

For all those MAC users out there, have you run into a similar problem before? When you just removed all Mods and could no longer run WeiDU?

Comments

• kstevens67kstevens67 Member Posts: 41
    I found the issue for that problem. Looks like the WeiDU I was using got corrupted. I downloaded a fresh copy and was able to run.

However, I now have another issue I am trying to solve.

After running WieDU and choosing npc_ee, it only opens a terminal and says "killed 9", so it refuses to run. I'll try the downloading a fresh copy of that also and see if it works.
    Latest update.

I downloaded the latest version of NPC_EE 2_6_1 and unpackaged everything into the 00806 directory as usual for SoD. I ran WeiDU which failed again. This tells me the WeiDU that comes packaged with the latest NPC_EE does not work on my system - possibly a compatibility issue or something else. I copied an older version of WeiDU I had saved on my system from last time. It ran fine, but when I chose the npc_ee, it fails to run and only says "killed 9". Perhaps the latest version is not compatible with the latest OS for MAC. Just a thought, but woujld like to here other opinions in case I am missing something.
    Well - I tried an older version of NPC_EE and ran into the same issue, so I am thinking the latest OS for MAC is not campatible, at least with this Mod. Is there anyone else who has a MAC upgraded to the latest OS Sierra and is also experiencing some problems installing some Mods?
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    macOS Sierra does no longer support the compression method which is used by older WeiDU binaries for OS X. The latest WeiDU version (v240) has been made compatible, but not all mods include it in their packages yet.

You can grab the latest WeiDU here: http://www.weidu.org/~thebigg/
  • EnialusMeliamneEnialusMeliamne Member Posts: 399
    edited January 2017
    @kstevens67 I'm running Sierra 10.12.2 on a Mid-'13 MBA, having the exact same issue re: 'Killed: 9'.

EDIT: I was able to get a few mods to install, thanks to finding this thread: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/62093/problem-installing-mods-on-macos-sierra
    Post edited by EnialusMeliamne on