Skip to content

"Landrin's Husband's Old Boots" - via EE Keeper or console location

I started EE Keeper, but fail to find "Landrin's Husband's Old Boots" in the inventory. I'd like to add the item, since it doesn't seem to have dropped. Alternately, a console command for adding them to my inventory or locating them in-game à la Morrowind / Oblivion / etc. would be nice.

Can anyone help?

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Those boots are called 'Worn-out Boots' and have the item code 'BOOT06'.
  • StarhowlStarhowl Member Posts: 39
    Thank you so much.
    Great! I finished the quest. But now it stays open in my log without any text; is this normal? If no: Can I somehow manually close it?
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    You said that you wanted to console them in because they hadn't "dropped", but they aren't strictly speaking a 'drop' - you should have 'found' them with the wine (only the spider body is a 'drop').
    If the boots weren't with the wine it's a bug.
    If you didn't find the wine you can't have finished the quest because you have to return all three items to Landrin.
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    They should have been inside a chest with the wine, in the same house the spiders were in.

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Starhowl said:

Great! I finished the quest. But now it stays open in my log without any text; is this normal? If no: Can I somehow manually close it?

It ought to show as finished and have (only) a conclusion text as content.

There are numerous "interim" quest-names which are part of some other quest which shows as finished, and they (erroneously) stay in the journal with no content once the parent quest is finished ... but they are cleared out of the journal when the game is next loaded, so this is only a trivial bug.
    Correct, it seems that after a reload the quest now lists as finished. How about finding the location of the boots? Is there a console command to somehow find out to which merchant I might have sold them?
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Starhowl said:

How about finding the location of the boots? Is there a console command to somehow find out to which merchant I might have sold them?

SFAIK, no, I don't think you can do that with the console, nor indeed with EEkeeper. With advanced tools such as modders use (e.g. Near Infinity or DLTCEP), then probably yes, I imagine there'd be some way to do it, but I'm not a modder and have no familiarity with those tools.

However, there aren't really very many merchants in the game - until you reach BG City, less than a dozen in total IIRC. If you've mistakenly sold those old boots, then the quickest way to find them is probably simply to visit merchants until you find the right one. Most likely a merchant somewhere near where you first found the boots ...