Skip to content

Anomen Returns Home

What exactly are the consequences of both paths of his quest.

The alignment shift and wisdom points for the good path, but does it change his character and his future dialogues in SoA and ToB?

Comments

• YamchaYamcha Member Posts: 486
    I've got the feeling Anomen doesn't get very much love from you guys :disappointed:
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Yamcha said:

... but does it change his character and his future dialogues ...

Yes. He's much more pleasant company if he succeeds in his quest.
  • SkandiiSkandii Member Posts: 17

I have Anomen in my group because he's a cleric, but I kind of like him. He's easier to work with than Keldorn, beause Ano is lawful neutral at the start. I like his personality. He's full of doubt and insecurity, most likely because of his horrible father. Because of that, he tries to overcompensate to other people, in an effort to feel good about himself. When you first meet him, he is kind of a braggart, but if you stick with him, he opens up about his upbringing, and you learn more about him. I haven't gotten to the part where he goes on his Quest yet, but I'm sure it will be interesting, whether or not he passes his test. I hope he does, for his sake.

Yes, this is true about his character. His father constantly put him down and told him he was worthless and so his reaction to this was to try and show that he's not worthless by boasting to those in your party.

As for the result of both paths... SPOILERS

Lawful good. He will gain 2 points in wisdom. If you're romancing him, later there will receive word that Saerk did kill his sister and that his father died trying to kill Saerk. Anomen will leave and go to avenge his father. You can talk him out of it, but if you choose the wrong options, he will kill Saerk and leave.

Chaotic neutral (I'm pretty sure it was neutral)
    Anomen will fail his test and be thrown out of the Order. He will be a little bitter but he becomes a little more carefree and less bound to the laws and rules he once followed. I don't think he gets any stat point changes. If you romance him, it turns out that Moira was not killed by Saerk and his father sends him a letter saying that he doesn't want to be associated with him. So he goes to kill his father. Again you can talk him out of it or if you fail, he will leave.

The dialogues don't differ much if you don't romance him, the only one that comes to mind is when Imoen talks about a book the Order brought to Candlekeep, and some of the things he says when you select him.
    edited December 2016
    Anomen is the comic relief of my current group (Thief, Korgan, Anomen!, Viconia, Yoshimo, Edwin[a] )

He can't really assert himself in this group, I feign interest in his brag to humor him, and shutdown the bit of romance between him and Viconia, as I have my eye on her.

I did his quest, annihilated the accused murderer and his family, now I'm waiting to hear from the order.
    Let's see how future banters will be influenced by his decision.

Skandii said:

Lawful good. He will gain 2 points in wisdom.

IIRC, he gains 4 WIS, not just 2.
    Yamcha said:

I did his quest, annihilated the accused murderer and his family, now I'm waiting to hear from the order.

Well, that'll count as failing his quest for knighthood, but it's the consistent role-play for your Neutral/Evil party. He'll become CN and fit in better with your other companions.
  • SkandiiSkandii Member Posts: 17

Skandii said:

Lawful good. He will gain 2 points in wisdom.

IIRC, he gains 4 WIS, not just 2.

You're right, he increases from 12 to 16 WIS.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Anomens story very much has shades of classic tragedy. I don't like him, per se, but I like his arc.
    Anomen's been CN for some time now, but the dialogues seem to be the same as before or the same when he gets his wisdom and good alignment shift.

• namarienamarie Member Posts: 52
    Yamcha said:

Anomen's been CN for some time now, but the dialogues seem to be the same as before or the same when he gets his wisdom and good alignment shift.

Uh-oh... I literally just decided 3 min ago to kill Saerk. I was hoping for some CN-specific dialogues later - never took Anomen in before, and he doesn't seem that bad barring his initial cringe-worthy romance dialogues. I actually heard that he sort of got a personality upgrade once he becomes CN. Can anyone who's taken Anomen through the whole game confirm or deny this? :/

Either way guess it's too late for me to back out now - last quick save was from hours ago... Oh well
    I'm in Chapter9 now, still no different dialogues. He still thinks that he is a devoted member of the Most Noble Order of the Radiant Heart, even though he's wearing the ring of Talos o:)

The wisdom sure would be nice, but it doesn't really change that much, just a few bonus spells.
    Yamcha said:

I'm in Chapter9 now, still no different dialogues. He still thinks that he is a devoted member of the Most Noble Order of the Radiant Heart, even though he's wearing the ring of Talos o:)

The wisdom sure would be nice, but it doesn't really change that much, just a few bonus spells.

That sounds like a bug to me.
    You mean the dialogue, or the Symbol of Talos ?
    The dialogue, I'm pretty sure he is supposed to have different dialogue if he fails the test.
    ThacoBell said:

The dialogue, I'm pretty sure he is supposed to have different dialogue if he fails the test.

Are these different dialogues romance specific? Does a CN Anomen have different banters/quest interjections as well?
    namarie said:

ThacoBell said:

Are these different dialogues romance specific? Does a CN Anomen have different banters/quest interjections as well?
    I confess, that I don't know for sure.
    ThacoBell said:

I confess, that I don't know for sure.

I might have been too quick to shut down his romance then :|
    Then again using no-gender-restriction romance mod with Anomen just felt too weird...
    I prithee my lady, it fills me with...
    ThacoBell said:

You have any particular dialogue in mind, then one could easily check with NI if this exists.

A bug would be very strange, I'm not using any mods that change anything like that, except Ascension.
    The IE engine can summon new bugs from the ether without warning. Its been so long since running that Anomen though. I remember him being more cynical afterwards, but my memory could addmiteddly be flawed.
    ThacoBell said:

The IE engine can summon new bugs from the ether without warning.

It's because of the new Druid spell Summon Bug.
    What is? ...