Skip to content

Stats and inventory for important NPCS.

What is the stats of the Grand Dukes and other important npcs like Alatos Ravenscar and Berun Ghastkill. In vanilla Alatos stats was a joke, so i wonder if they've fixed it in the Enhanced edition?

Comments

• islandkingislandking Member Posts: 426
    I believe you can use EEkeeper's creature tab to view their stats?
    Gallowglass
  • JimstromJimstrom Member Posts: 98
    Would do if i've got the game installed, which currently i don't have.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Alatos's stats haven't been fixed in EE. He's still 3/3/3/3/3/3.

Grand Duke Belt is 17/12/16/12/15/15.
    Grand Duke Liia Jannath is 10/15/11/17/12/15.
    Berrun Ghastkill is 17/17/14/10/14/8.
    JuliusBorisov
    Once again, why?!! He is an optional fight, so he should have comparable stats. i would something like

12/18/12/16/10/15 maybe, also give him a leather armor +2 and a shortsword of backstabbing a ring of invisibilty and a pair of boots of stealth, than he would be fit to be shadow thief leader.
    I've no idea why he was designed that way.

As for your suggestions for Alatos's equipment ...

You can find that +3 shortsword in time for the end-game, but it'd be over-powered to find a second copy, and especially on a character whom you meet when you're still in mid-game. You can legitimately buy an invisibility ring by that stage, but it's deliberately expensive and shouldn't be duplicated for free. The Leather +2 and third copy of the Boots of Stealth, yes, perhaps those wouldn't be making it too easy, but give him a more ordinary weapon (and ring) to go with them, not special uniques.
    Okay how about a Dagger of Venom or a shortsword+1 if you think it is to overpowered and a potion of invisibility, and a cloack of non-detection quite a deadly combo.
    Well, no, the Dagger of Venom is one of the best weapons in BG1 - its poison effect is devastating at BG1 levels. Now that the Stupefier has been nerfed (about which I'm not complaining - it used to be absurdly overpowered), some might even suggest that the Dagger of Venom is the strongest weapon of all.

But the rest of your revised suggestions, sure, no argument.
    JuliusBorisov
    How about the Iron Throne Leaders, i get they are dead meat, but they are such a letdown compared to Daeveron and Melium and Taugoz Kozahn, so a boost would be welcome there too.
  • qwerty123456qwerty123456 Member Posts: 67
    Jimstrom said:

Once again, why?!! He is an optional fight, so he should have comparable stats. i would something like

12/18/12/16/10/15 maybe, also give him a leather armor +2 and a shortsword of backstabbing a ring of invisibilty and a pair of boots of stealth, than he would be fit to be shadow thief leader.

Are you looking for fight or for equipment? Because equipment isn't going to really improve the fight.
    Well i'm thinking the betrayal of Yoshimo with multiple thieves hiding in darkness and backstabbing, the thief way of attacking.
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    SCS already do this. Admittedly Alatos isn't the most dangerous enemy in the guild but all thieves hide in shadows and backstab at the first opportunity. At BG1 levels, even a x2 backstab can chunk your squishier party members so you really don't want to let a thief out of your sight...