Skip to content

[MOD][BETA] The Horde 1.2

yowaveyowave Member Posts: 67
edited December 2016 in General Modding
[Introduction]
This mod will tweak the amount of ALL the enemies in the game that are not plot related.
It effects creatures spawned by a script or placed in the map.

Candle Keep rats before:

Candle Keep rats after:

Nashkel Mines before:

Nashkel Mines after (you can guess what happened a few seconds later):

[Installation]
1) Place the zip file in your root Baldur's Gate 1/2 directory (where baldur.exe is), right click and select Extract Here. Then move the zip file to another location.

2) Open your Baldur's Gate 1/2 folder, and double-click 'SETUP-THE_HORDE.exe'. If there is no 'SETUP-THE_HORDE.exe' in this directory, you have extracted it to the wrong place.

3) This mod should be installed last and before generalized biffing.

If you want to uninstall the mod, just double-click again 'SETUP-THE_HORDE.exe' and press 'U' for uninstall.

[Compatibility]
The mod should work with BG1,BG2,TOB,BG1:EE,BG2:EE,EET.

Steam/GOG SOD dlc:
You can install it after merging SOD with BG1:EE installation.
Can find instructions HERE.

[Download]
http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/1159-the-horde-beta/

[README]
You can find the readme inside THE_HORDE folder.

[Version History]

Version 1.2 - 17/12/2016:
* made CROSS PLATFORM by the power of JAVA - tested on Windows and it works, need feedback from ppl with MAC OS and Linux
* Credits and Acknowledgements - Special thanks to the awesome people from Gibberlings3.
* Added Component - LESS DUPE DROPS - you can choose to restrict item drops from duplicated creatures
* Added Component - NO DUPE XP - you can choose to remove xp for killing duplicated creatures
* Fixed no duplicate on dialogue with null chars, some creatures that had dialogues was duplicated because their cre dialogue had null chars
* Now also duplicating creatures with dialogues that have no actions or triggers, in this case the creature is duplicated but it's dialogue field is deleted (need feedback)
* Restricted install to BG1,BG2,TOB,BG1:EE,BG2:EE,EET

Version 1.1 - 13/12/2016
* Made compatible with WeiDU uninstall

Version 1.0 - 12/12/2016:
* First public release

Post edited by yowave on

Comments

• yowaveyowave Member Posts: 67
    This mod should also work with vanilla BG1 and BG2.
    Updated to version 1.1:
    * Made compatible with WeiDU uninstall
    Asked this in Gibberlings3:
    For the hardcore among you.
    Someone will be interested if i'll give the option to duplicate ALL hostile enemies even plot ones?
    maybe it'll be an overkill, think about SCS firekragg or Irenicus, OH BOY.
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    Well, It wouldn't be THAT hard because it would also duplicate the non quest exp so you'd be significantly stronger than usual. Duplicating some will also cause big scripting issues I believe.
    @GrimLefourbe I am working on version 1.2 which adds 2 new components:
    1. LESS DUPE DROPS - you can choose to restrict item drops from duplicated creatures
    2. NO DUPE XP - you can choose to remove xp for killing duplicated creatures

I think that this mod can be pretty challenging for a no reload hardcore run :)
    As i said in another forum, it makes the game hard without gimping the user, so one can still use whatever in their disposal, cheese or otherwise to tackle THE HORDE :)
    Updated to version 1.2:
    * made CROSS PLATFORM by the power of JAVA - tested on Windows and it works, need feedback from ppl with MAC OS and Linux
    * Credits and Acknowledgements - Special thanks to the awesome people from Gibberlings3.
    * Added Component - LESS DUPE DROPS - you can choose to restrict item drops from duplicated creatures
    * Added Component - NO DUPE XP - you can choose to remove xp for killing duplicated creatures
    * Fixed no duplicate on dialogue with null chars, some creatures that had dialogues was duplicated because their cre dialogue had null chars
    * Now also duplicating creatures with dialogues that have no actions or triggers, in this case the creature is duplicated but it's dialogue field is deleted (need feedback)
    * Restricted install to BG1,BG2,TOB,BG1:EE,BG2:EE,EET

I am in need of testers :)
    edited September 2017
    Anyone got to survive long enough to know if there are any conflicts with story elements/characters?
  • konvakonva Member Posts: 64
    Hi, will this be available to Icewind Dale and Icewind dale enhanced edition? :)
  • Gorion88Gorion88 Member Posts: 10
    edited July 2020
    Hi yowave - I have been playing a recent run through of BGEET with the Horde mod installed and have been recording the bugs I have been encountering here (starting from June 8)

http://baldursextendedworld.com/Vanilla_Forums/discussion/343/the-horde-mod/p1

As you can see there are a few that need to be fixed - Not sure if you are able to fix these ones but I would suggest they be fixed before I install the horde mod on another playthrough (as fun as it is!)

-On perhaps an unrelated (or related, still trying to work out) note, I may have experienced quite a big bug and I am trying to work out (with help of person in this other forum) if its due to the Horde mod

http://baldursextendedworld.com/Vanilla_Forums/discussion/995/dorns-first-quest-in-bg2-and-windspear-hills-becoming-a-paladin-possible-bug-clash-with-mods/

edit: After I removed Horde mod, I found I am still having issues with Dorn so I have striked through second link

Post edited by Gorion88 on