Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Warrior Monk Mod Finished in Near Infinity. Testers and WeiDU help requested.

BCaesarBCaesar Member Posts: 185
edited December 2016 in General Modding
The discussion seems to mostly be happening in my thread in the BG1:EE forum so I'll just link this there and then I don't have to update two mods.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/62614/warrior-monk-mod-version-1-00-finished-in-near-infinity-testers-and-weidu-help-requested/

I've finished editing all the files in Near Infinity and I can e-mail them to you if you want to help test it. I'm still trying to figure out WeiDU.

Post edited by BCaesar on

Comments

• GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 635
    I think you can host your mod for free on Github, there are a ton of recent mods hosted on Github and it's generally very practical.

• BCaesarBCaesar Member Posts: 185
    I just figured out how to add animations for the other races for Monk!

To do this I had to delve into my INI Folder. I found files 6500.INI (Monk Male Human) and 6510.INI (Monk Female Human). I made five copies of each (numbered 6501.INI through 6505.INI for male, and 6511.INI through 6515.INI for female) and changed the name of one copy to Monk_Male_Elf, one copy to Monk_Male_Dwarf, etc. until I had one copy for the 5 non-human races for male and 5 non-human races for female. Half-Elves just look like Elves. Then I found the 5 files for those races for Cleric_Male (6001.INI through 6005.INI) and the 5 files for those races for Cleric_Female (6011.INI through 6015.INI). I copied the contents of each file (except for the name at the top) and pasted them into each new Monk file of the same name. So I replaced the contents of 6501: Monk_Male_Elf with the contents of file 6001: Cleric_Male_Elf.

Tested it by creating new characters in game and it works!

yowave
  • BCaesarBCaesar Member Posts: 185
    Ok I figured out how to modify the Kit/Class description and also how to edit the weapons to allow Monks to use them. (I haven't finished making all of those changes yet, but I know how now).

So the only thing I still need to figure out is how to remove the Monks' Deflect Missiles ability (+1 bonus to AC against missile attacks every 3 levels). I thought it would be in the CLABMO*.2DA files but it doesn't seem to be.

Ratatoskr