Skip to content

New Blog: Farthing Road

DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
I've started a formal blog through WordPress, Farthing Road. I'd love it if people would check it out: https://farthingroad.wordpress.com

Only four posts so far, but I'm hoping to write often. If you like what you see, definitely let me know. If there's a topic you'd like to see more of, let me know that as well.

Today's post happens to be relevant to these forums, actually: I talk about the experience of writing manuals for BG:EE, BGII:EE, and BG:SoD. Please read and enjoy!

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    A couple new posts from the last few days:

Weekend Philosophy: "Sacred Democracy"
    A quick question about democracy, and when it's appropriate to override or undermine the will of the people. (Please comment on the post or share it with your friends; if you want to discuss it here, though, I'd recommend taking that conversation to the Politics thread.)

The Open Fire
    A continuation of the Christmas War story from last week (Link), now following a flashback from a workshop elf's time in the factory.

I'd like to know which posts people enjoy the most, which topics people would like to see more of. Do you want to read more stories? More pieces about game development? More stories of parenting? Let me know!
  • TeflonTeflon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 515
    I am deeply interested in category named "parenting".
    Pray tell, how is your offspring doing? :p
    Good to know! Until after Christmas I'll just be posting continuations of the Christmas War story (link to the latest entry is below), but I'll remember that for later.

Part 3 of the Christmas War story, Kaleidoscope, is up on the blog now, with Part 4 coming later today.

If you missed the first two parts, here are links to them:
    01: The Twice-Checked Ledger
    02: The Open Fire
    03: Kaleidoscope

In addition, I've added a categories list to the right side of the page, to keep things a bit more orderly. Let me know what you think!
    And here's Part 4: A Beautiful Mess
    Vallmyr said:

Just reading through the game manual post has me now reading the entire Adventurers Guide. . . again.

No lie, that manual was a total labor of love for me. I'm glad to see people enjoying it.
    The next part of the Christmas War is now up; this piece introduces the reindeer, including the most famous reindeer of all.

05: Rudolph

Thanks for reading, everyone!
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    Dee said:

Vallmyr said:

Just reading through the game manual post has me now reading the entire Adventurers Guide. . . again.

No lie, that manual was a total labor of love for me. I'm glad to see people enjoying it.
    I was just musing with my D&D group we could probably run the BG version of 2e as a tabletop game using the manual; it's probably the best gaming manual I've ever read.
    Merry Christmas, everyone! I've got one final piece of the Christmas War story for you to enjoy:

06: Chimneys

Please let me know if you enjoyed this story. I might pick it up for another chapter or two if there's interest. Otherwise, thanks for reading!
    Today was a bit of a wash, writing-wise. But I did take some time to compile the first six parts of the Christmas War story into a single post, so that if you haven't had a chance to read it yet, or if you just want to read the whole thing in one shot, it's there.

The Christmas War: Part One