Skip to content

Unique or Themed Custom Parties

Hi all,
I was just wondering if anybody who plays with an all-custom party has ever done so with any sort of literary theme in mind?

In some of my games, I played characters from Dragonlance, Tanis, Caramon, Raistlin, Tasslehoff, Sturm, and Flint. I had to make Sturm a cleric in order to make it work, but it was a good fit for him. I didn't want to use Goldmoon or Elistan, as I wanted to stick with that I considered the "original" Heroes of the Lance.

Has anyone else taken a party from some literary or other media source?

On one run-through I used knights from The Round Table as my characters.

Comments

• BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    I played the knights of the round table back in the day, 4 paladins with Percival as a half-elf cleric/thief and Merlin the wizard. I've got a partly completed run in IWD as Robin Hood and his merry men based on the old Robin of Sherwood TV show. On my tablet, I'm going through IWD as Snow White and the 5 dwarfs.
  • Ha ha! I love the idea of Snow White and the five dwarfs! What is Snow White, a mage?
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    Sorceress. I wanted to build a fighter heavy party so the dwarfs are fighter, defender, berzerker, fighter/cleric and fighter/thief. I couldn't bring myself to venture forth without arcane support, so I decided to bring a human sorcerer. Once the party was set as one human surrounded by dwarfs, the theme was inevitable.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    I wish I could do the following:

Charname: Dwarf Berserker (dual hammers)
    Imoen: Gnome Skald (yes for one run I'd do that)
    Reevor: Dwarven Defender (axe and shield)
    Arkanis: Dwarf Wizard Slayer (longbow)
    Deder: Halfling Fighter/Thief (shortbow)
    Yeslick: Dwarf Fighter/ Cleric (mace and shield)

After Gorion dies Charname and Imoen try to re-enter Candlekeep. They are turned away, but Charname's mentors voluntarily leave out of protest and support. It'd be a life-friendly all shorty party. Great for tackling Durlag's Tower.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Hmmm, I think I need to try a Disney villain run sometime.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    I had a final fantasy X team run before, don't recall how far I got though, I even made a bunch of portraits from ffx for them as well
  • Papa_LouPapa_Lou Member Posts: 263
    I played through a part of IWD with a Dragon Age: Origins party. I never did finish it, though, for whatever reason...

Alistair was an inquisitor
    Leliana, a bard
    Morrigan was an avenger
    Oghren was a berserker
    Zevran was, of course, an assassin
    and wynne was a cleric/mage (I just pretended she was a human rather than half-elf, lol)

It was fun, and I might even go back to play it sometime.