Skip to content

How tough are Neera and Rasaad's ToB challenges?

DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
Hello everybody
I have installed a mod which decreases the amount of quest XP my party gains in BG2, and I might start ToB with around 2.7 million xp and finish the game with about 4 million. However, I 'm planning on taking Rasaad and Neera and I do remember their SoA quest being quite challenging, so the question is:

Can a party of about 3 million xp each (fighters and monks at about level 20, multiclass at 14/14 and mages at level 18) beat those? I have never done their ToB subquests but I do imagine something at the same level of difficulty from SoA.

By the way, merry christmas and happy holidays for everybody !
Post edited by DJKajuru on

Comments

• GallengerGallenger Member Posts: 400
    edited December 2016
    I can't speak for Rasaad's because I haven't gotten around to doing his ToB quest yet - but Neera's isn't *that* hard.

The finale of her quest is rather challenging, but as far as I know, you've got quite a bit of time to get around to doing it if you feel under-levelled - just be prepared for high level anti-mage fighting, some larger fights against decently equipped enemies, and a potentially very challenging final fight. But if you've got a mage or two with level 9 spells available it won't be insurmountable. If you've got somebody like Keldorn or an inquisitor, a wizard slayer, or a druid/Jaheira it'll also be easier too.

Enjoy your holidays :D
    DJKajuru
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    I've completed both Rasaad's and Neera's ToB quests several times.

There are some good battles in both quests, but I find Rasaad's definitely a little easier than Neera's. (Incidentally, I've also played through Dorn's and Hexxat's ToB quests, and IMO they're also easier than Neera's.) Neera's ToB quest both starts and finishes with tricky battles - the one at the start because it's quite large (and fought under unfavourable conditions - you'll see what I mean when you get to it), and the one at the end because the enemy is tough.

I've never tried these quests at the lower levels you'll be using because of your mod. However, I guess that Rasaad's quest still won't be too difficult, but Neera's might now be seriously challenging. Neera's should still be do-able eventually, but I suspect you may have to resort to some meta-gaming - using the right equipment, fine-tuning your spellbooks for what you'll be facing, re-loading until you get the tactics right, etc.

Strategy recommendation - before tackling these ToB quests, especially Neera's, go finish off Watcher's Keep. Even with your mod, that should level you up enough to make some difference.
    DJKajuru
  • unavailableunavailable Member Posts: 268
    I played rasaads on an ipad seated in the economy section of a plane, and... I think he was as tough as most of the sword coast stratagem fights. Maybe one day I'll try again on PC without the uncomfortable seating irritating me.
    DJKajuruSkatan
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    I have played nearly all of the "tactics" battles and a couple of SCS ones, but back then I had lots of things installed and my party levels were high enough to resist the onslaught , I mean, even improved bodhi+improved sola is doable if you can summon planetars and time stops . That's why I was intrigued by Neera and Rasaad's final battles , I mean, could it be done with a party with limited 9th level magic and perhaps one or two high level abilities?

According to your answers it can be done, so I'll have to check it myself when the time comes . Thank you, everybody!