Skip to content

Pre-Order of Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition *REDIRECT IF THIS HAS BEEN DONE*

Okay, so now Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition is on target for a November 28th release. Before the game was supposed to be released in September, people who pre-ordered the game were going to be able to download the game early. My question is this, do you think people who pre-ordered will still get an early download? If so do you guys think this would differ by when you pre-ordered? Or do you think there will be just a single bonus included in the game on its standard release date for everyone that has pre-ordered.

Comments

• MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    People who pre ordered should be allowed to simply play the game in whatever form its currently in, not just an early download.

I'm guessing that on Nov 28th, they'll say 'sorry, its not done yet, new release day in March 30th.
  • leyshjonoeleyshjonoe Member Posts: 59
    I think those who pre-ordered will *probably* get an early download, not sure how early, but the same regardless when you pre-ordered, and they will release it on the 28th, as there have been 2 or so tweets in the past few weeks from Trent saying that they will, something like "come hell or high water" or whatever he specifically said.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited November 2012
    Trent said that the PC version is shipping on the 28th come Hell or high water.

And no, I disagree that people should get to play it "in it's current form" just because you pre-ordered. People have a tendency to form and share opinions on games from the beta version, which is completely unfair. Beta is not intended to be the 'early access' which many developers have made it out to be, for marketing purposes in my opinion. From what I've read from BG:EE beta testers and developers, if people would of gotten their hands on the game on September 18th, the reviews wouldn't of been positive as many bugs still existed.

As for pre-load, Cam tweeted on the 26th of October, that they have began testing the pre-load. I would expect we are able to start pre-loading a week or so before release.
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    Well maybe anyone that had pre ordered AND wanted to test the game as a beta should have been allowed since the original release date, provided that they signed some silly little EULA stating *This software is still a beta, you are not allowed to talk about it*.
  • Trent said that the PC version is shipping on the 28th come Hell or high water.

And no, I disagree that people should get to play it "in it's current form" just because you pre-ordered. People have a tendency to form and share opinions on games from the beta version, which is completely unfair. Beta is not intended to be the 'early access' which many developers have made it out to be, for marketing purposes in my opinion. From what I've read from BG:EE beta testers and developers, if people would of gotten their hands on the game on September 18th, the reviews wouldn't of been positive as many bugs still existed.

As for pre-load, Cam tweeted on the 26th of October, that they have began testing the pre-load. I would expect we are able to start pre-loading a week or so before release.

Okay, that's all good to know :) thanks. I've been thinking a lot about it. I'm still really excited to play just a lot of this stuff as come to mind. Because I do agree with Beta's shouldn't be playable. But it's good to know that it's still on track for November 28th and that the pre-order download will be available about a week ahead of that.