Skip to content

What happens when a monster get level drained?

Like when it is hit with a Black Blade of Disaster. Are its attributes reduced?

Comments

• SvarSvar Member Posts: 157
    I would assume that that would be the case, yes. Their CON score probably goes down, reducing their maximum hp, so if they tried to heal themselves, it wouldn't be as effective.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    It is also worth mentioning that monsters reduced to level 0 die instantaneously, just like player characters.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    DJKajuru said:

It is also worth mentioning that monsters reduced to level 0 die instantaneously, just like player characters.

... but also worth mentioning that you don't get the xp for the kill if you kill enemies by level drain. (Unless they've now changed that?)
  • EinhardtEinhardt Member Posts: 53

DJKajuru said:

... but also worth mentioning that you don't get the xp for the kill if you kill enemies by level drain. (Unless they've now changed that?)
    I could miss the XP if I get unlucky!? :s
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882

DJKajuru said:

nah it definitely works
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    HP, THAC0, but especially saving throws take a big hit with level drain, thus making the victim more susceptible to save or else spells.
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    If Wesley Weimer's Valen mod is any indication, they crumble like Lincoln Logs.
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    It's also worth noting that any HP drained is drained both from maxHP and current HP. So a fighter with 16CON losing one early level (level 9 to 8 for example) will lose 12 current HP, on top of the damage dealt by the attackitself