Skip to content

Favorite Weapon in Character Window: How does it work?

Hello,

I wonder how the game chooses the favorite weapon in character window. In some cases it clearly is NOT the character favorite weapon. For example, i know Minsc has killed the vast majority of his enemies and has done most damage with 2 hand sword, but in that windows it shows: Bow + arrow. Wtf...

How does it work? What does it counts (kills,times used, hit per use,damage or...)?

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    I don't believe it works correctly. I don't think it ever has, since it has always given nonsensical results in some cases (even though some other times it shows a plausible result).

I'm also not sure exactly what it's meant to measure. Number of hits with ... Or number of strikes (including misses) attempted with ... Or number of kills with ... Or amount of xp scored with ... Or number of hours wielded for ... Or what? I've never seen any clarification by the devs, and whatever the intended measure it's still often wrong, sometimes calling a weapon "Favorite" when the character wielded it very briefly long ago and has never used it since.
  • ShandooShandoo Member Posts: 51
    Aye, i gues its bugged or something. Still, other info in the character window seems to be correct.
    Well, im not able to count those percentages, but info like Best Kill, Time Spent etc. looks reasonable.
    Only the favorite weapon section looks irrational.