Skip to content

PC windows touchscreen?

mannygtmannygt Member Posts: 31
Hello :)
I've already explained my question in the Italian section, but I would explain it here too:

I've an Asus T101MT which is a PC Windows 7 2GB RAM - CPU N455 1.6GHz with a 10,1" touchscreen 1024x600.
The new interface of BD:EE will be compatible with touchscreen monitors?

Thank you!

Comments

• bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited November 2012
    Immediately at release, the only touch functionality that you will have would be the same you get from using the mouse, ie., where you touch is where the mouse goes. This is default behavior for Windows with a touchscreen monitor.

As for advanced features, like finger gestures etc., that may come post-ship, but there have been no promises. Due to the release of Windows 8, with it's improved touch support and mostly shipping on touch friendly devices, I think it's likely that you will eventually see support for it in BG:EE on Windows. The developers have already created a touch friendly UI for the iPad, so implementing it on Windows shouldn't be difficult.
  • mannygtmannygt Member Posts: 31
    Thank you very much for the reply :)
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited November 2012
    @mannygt

I wanted to update this thread. Apparently Windows 8 does some funny stuff with the mouse, in regards to touch screen mouse. It may not work well right off the bat.

While I don't know exactly what Trent is referring to, in previous editions of Windows, touch screens just moved the mouse to where you touch. If Windows 8 behaves differently, due to it's inherit touch ability, be prepared.

Just in case, for anyone who has a touchscreen Windows 8 device, be prepared to use the mouse, at least initially.
  • mannygtmannygt Member Posts: 31
    Thank you @bigdogchris!