Skip to content

I Think My Game Is Haunted (Ghosts in the Machine)

So here's a quick question,

Should the group of Corrigans and Pit Fiend from WK turn up in TOB Abazigal's Lair?
And say the same dialog, "we maybe trapped in this maze but still can kill you" or words to that effect.

I've found a yellow dragon in the room next door, that seemed to be scripted and I assume it's part of SCS or UB which I have installed. My party is a bit OP so that was just a fun extra.

But on leaving that room and returning to the first room where I had a nasty fight after diving in the pool, my old pals from WK teleported in (I killed them there anyway).

So haunted or scripted?

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    The Pit Fiend and Cornugons aren't supposed to be there. You must have hit some sort of strange glitch, they're not there when I do it. Did you actually see them teleport in, or did you mean they were simply there already when you returned to the pool room?

The dragon, though ... if you mean Fll'Yissetat, then she's part of the standard unmodded game, neither a bug nor an SCS/UB addition.
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    They actually teleported in.
    I was kind of "Hi Guys, you look a bit lost", lol.

This is a different dragon, yellow and you get scales for armour so I'm sure it's an added extra. So I'm thinking SCS/UB thing for that.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Yes, that must be an added dragon.

The business with the devils is strange. However, if they're actually teleporting in rather than randomly present, then that suggests that it's a scripted action, not just a glitch. So I guess they must also be being deliberately added by SCS/UB. Yet their WK-related dialogue is nonsensical ... I wonder if that's a bug in SCS/UB, picking up the wrong dialogue strings?
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Scs has programmed demons attacking you in between the room of the again scs-added Yellow Dragon (the room you go to get the breath potion) and your way back. There used to be some tough lizardmen with hlas there before, too. It is normal.

They really should not have lines saying 'we are lost in this maze..' though. IIRC they never said it in my game.
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    lunar said:

Scs has programmed demons attacking you in between the room of the again scs-added Yellow Dragon (the room you go to get the breath potion) and your way back. There used to be some tough lizardmen with hlas there before, too. It is normal.

They really should not have lines saying 'we are lost in this maze..' though. IIRC they never said it in my game.

So the games not haunted, just a bit random then. They definitely said the lines.
    That's a shame.

A long time ago I used to play the original SIMS. And because of the way the files are installed, I could never really uninstall it completely (there were reasons I needed to at various times). Whenever it was reinstalled and I was playing, characters used to turn up from properly undeleted files as ghosts.
    I like the idea that games have a secret life of their own when you aren't playing.

Thanks for the replies.

I have continued and after meeting the four (four, are you having a laugh modders?) dragons, a random group from WK feels like a rest cure.