Skip to content

Making existing recorded dialogue more accessible

BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
This borders on being a bugfix, but in case it's not...

"Something I would like to see is working in more opportunities for certain existing recorded dialog to be heard, that few people even know is there: you can only unlock it by repeatedly clicking the right mouse button on a target. Try it on Elminster, Tazok, or even Nimbul (the assassin that attacks you in Nashkel after beating chapter 1). That's several lines of recorded dialog they payed for and then hardly anybody knows it's there!" - caruga

I love voiced material- always adds a new dimension to a game, and BG's voiced material is great. If there's stuff that's being suppressed needlessly, I totally agree with this idea. I'm wagering that it's not so hard to simply make such recorded dialogue more likely (or always likely) to be heard? There doesn't seem any reason to bury it in a random chance. The voices in BG are exceptional- whether for humor or otherwise- and I'd really enjoy hearing whatever I've been missing.

Mind you, this may be entirely a case of selecting "always" instead of "infrequently" in the regular vanilla settings options for spoken feedback- not sure. I thought that section was only for recruitable NPCs.
HeroicSpurAndreaColombocaruga

Comments

• HeroicSpurHeroicSpur Member Posts: 907
    Definately. If there's stuff already there and few people have seen it, time to bring it out.
    AndreaColomboBhryaen
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    I absolutely agree.
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    edited June 2012
    I want to hear more as well. Most of the lines make me laugh, that's one of the things BG2 lacked over BG1, the humour wasn't so present. But rightly so considering how a crazed elf and his vampire sister want your mortal (or immortal) soul.

My favourites are the Ogrillon's "Time for some carnage" and the lady assassain in the Nashkel inn "It may be a tad unladylike, but I'm going to slit your throat I am!".

Anyone notice how many hillbillies there are in Nashkel? "Weather's been lousy, late-leyh." and "I dun't have time fer ta' talk to ya naow."

EDIT: "I AHM THE LAW! AH SERVE THE FLAMIN' FIEST!"
    Bhryaendjc
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    You can totally hear them speak the misspellings :D