Skip to content

Companion class change in EE-Keeper (Archer7 dualed to Cleric)

TomiceTomice Member Posts: 3
Hello to the community, first post!

I want to do a custom party BG2:EE playthrough while still having party banter, so I decided to use EE Keeper to give some NPC Companion new classes. I already suceeded in turning Jaheira into an Archer and Minsc into an Inquisitor using this method:

Write down the amount of exp that you currently have, e.g. 250,000.
On the Abilities tab change your "Base HP" and "Current HP" to 1. Change THAC0 to 20. Change Experience to 0. Change Levels to 0/0/0.
On the Characteristic tab (next one after Abilities) change Class if necessary and then change your kit.
Go to the Memorization tab and erase all spells.
Go to the Wizard tab and erase all spells.
Go to the Priest tab and erase all spells.
Go to the Proficiencies tab and erase all proficiencies.
Go to the Thieves tab and set all thief skills to 0.
Save the game in Shadow Keeper.
Upon loading the altered save, you should level up from 0 to 1. Level up and press ok. This will give you all the stats and skills and hit points and what-have-you for your new kit.
Then give yourself back the exp you used to have. You can do that by pressing CTRL-Space and using the cheat code CLUAConsole:SetCurrentXP("250000")
Level up to the level that your current exp allows and continue the game as normal.

Now I tried to find something for Viconia. I came up with a custom cheat class (archer dualed to cleric at Level 7 with "use any item" - exiled drow probably don't care about ethic weapon restrictions, she has stats better suited for ranged combat and she probably needed to learn how to sneak in order to survive).

Everything went fine - I reset her as archer just as I did with Jaheira, gave her 75000xp for level 7 and leveled her up ingame. Then I gave her some more xp for cleric lvl 8 and tried to dual her ingame, but the button is greyed out.
I did enable dual classing for non-humans through BG tweaks.

Any idea what's the problem or how to perform dualclassing purely using EE keeper (to avoid the ingame button?)

Thx for you help!

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Could be stats. You need at least 15 in the first class's primary stats and 17 in the second class's primary stats. I believe rangers need 15 Constitution which Viconia lacks.
  • TomiceTomice Member Posts: 3
    Thank you!!! I'll give her all 20 stats as a test right now.

BTW: I could dual my elven CHARNAME using the option from BG tweaks, so it seems to work.
  • TomiceTomice Member Posts: 3
    Thank you so much, you were right!
    I gave her all 20 stats for a sec and the button was suddenly enabled. I dualed her, then gave her her normal stats again.

Only problem: I realized Archer->Cleric is quite OP when using bows and having elf bonuses :D